Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
121 - 139 of 139 Posts

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
Thanks for all the great info. I am looking at getting a 2010 in Feb 2011, my questions are these:
1. The dealer is telling me the factory rebate is $5000 + 1000 right now, is this accurate? And in June 2010 they were offering $4000 rebates, as it is now Feb 2011 is $5000 reasonable or is there more negotiating room?
2. Also, the Hyundai web site now is offering .9% for Future Vale Financing and 0% for traditional financing, is this available with the above rebates? I there any info form Hyundai to get this info officially from them rather than the dealer?
Which model are you looking to get as for the 2.0t, i see a $3000 discount whereas the v6 has a $4000 discount + $1000 additional discount if you pay cash. There is more negotiating room as these discounts come from Hyundai corporate. Your negotiating room is the MSRP price - Invoice price from the reports on page 1. (Of course the dealer needs to earn some money so you add around $300 on top of the invoice price)

As for your second question, the finance rates apply with the discounts (except for the $1000 discount for cash payment on the v6).

Let me know which model you are getting (base, premium, gt), (auto, manual), (2.0t, v6) and I can calculate a price for you.

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #123 ·
Invoice: +$32,262
Freight: +$1,565
A/C Tax: +$100
Dealer Profit: +$300
Discount: -$4000

Subtotal: $30,227 x 1.13 + $300 (Required fees)

Out the Door Price: $34456.51 (Assuming there's no trade in as you save on tax of the difference)

I assume you will not be paying in cash as you talked about financing. The rates are:

0% up to 60 months
1.9% for 72 months
0.9% for Future Value Financing

I'm not sure where you reside but if you like, I can refer you to a dealer in Toronto that could give that price.

· Registered
8 Posts
Great thanks, I am in Calgary, and am happy with 2 of the dealers here. So can you clarify the 4000 discount vs the 5000 I was quoted. Do you think when I want to start at invoice they will change the 5000 deal as they assume you are there to pay msrp and can afford an extra 1000? Do you think it would be worth pulling a new CCC report for FEB. as the financing numbers just changed maybe the rebate did as well? The black book peggs it a $24,000 as a high, so even at the 4000 rebate it is essentially 7000 plus high, normal selling price is 3000-4000 over black book, so technically it is still high with the rebate, am I analyzing this wrong?

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
Great thanks, I am in Calgary, and am happy with 2 of the dealers here. So can you clarify the 4000 discount vs the 5000 I was quoted. Do you think when I want to start at invoice they will change the 5000 deal as they assume you are there to pay msrp and can afford an extra 1000? Do you think it would be worth pulling a new CCC report for FEB. as the financing numbers just changed maybe the rebate did as well? The black book peggs it a $24,000 as a high, so even at the 4000 rebate it is essentially 7000 plus high, normal selling price is 3000-4000 over black book, so technically it is still high with the rebate, am I analyzing this wrong?
I pulled a ccc for you and these numbers are for the month of feb for a 2010 model. The $5000 discount they are giving you is if you pay by cash as $1000 out of the $5000 is only available if you pay cash.

The number you see above for the final out the door price is if you finance the car. You have to keep in mind the black book is talking about a USED car and not a new one.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Are there even many 2010 models left? I would think that a much better price could be negotiated for a last years model. The dealers in my area only have 2011s in stock. I even saw one of these today.

· Registered
8 Posts
I pulled a ccc for you and these numbers are for the month of feb for a 2010 model. The $5000 discount they are giving you is if you pay by cash as $1000 out of the $5000 is only available if you pay cash.

The number you see above for the final out the door price is if you finance the car. You have to keep in mind the black book is talking about a USED car and not a new one.
Thanks for pulling the CCC, that makes sense now. Is there any rebates on the 2011's, as my thinking is that they are eating the first years depreciation on the 2010, but I noticed they had rebates on 2010's as early as June? So, are rebates common for Hyundai on the Coupe? If so this $4000 on a 2010 does not mean as much.
As far as the black book goes, I entered it at 1km, so essentially new, my concern is that it is used as soon as I drive it off the lot, so I will be eating a ton of first year depreciation even with the rebate, which makes the deal not so attractive! Plus 10,000 for first year depreciation is scary proposition for the future, this thing will be worth nothing in 5 yrs? A good deal up front is great if it continues through the life of the car, but not good if you lose it all anyway, what are your thoughts on future value?

· Registered
8 Posts
Are there even many 2010 models left? I would think that a much better price could be negotiated for a last years model. The dealers in my area only have 2011s in stock. I even saw one of these today.

Yeah, apparenly there are still white, silver, aqua blue, and black left. Have you seen the Aqua blue?, is it a girls only color or does it look cool?

· Registered
8 Posts

I just did some interesting analysis on the Black Book site. I compared a G37 to the Genesis Coupe and the "future value" depreciation rate is actually about the same for both. The G37 actually drops more that 10g's in the first year! I haven't bought a new car for a long time and have not analyzed it this close before. If this rebate is for the 2010 only and they don't have them for the 2011's until next Jan/Feb, then it does look like a good time to do it. At least over half the 1st yr depreciation is covered! Please let me know if there is any rebates listed for the 2011 still?
Thanks again,

· Registered
133 Posts

Yeah, apparenly there are still white, silver, aqua blue, and black left. Have you seen the Aqua blue?, is it a girls only color or does it look cool?
hey, do you know exactly where? I've searched everywhere in ontario and everyone's telling me there's nothing left :mad2:

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Thanks for pulling the CCC, that makes sense now. Is there any rebates on the 2011's, as my thinking is that they are eating the first years depreciation on the 2010, but I noticed they had rebates on 2010's as early as June? So, are rebates common for Hyundai on the Coupe? If so this $4000 on a 2010 does not mean as much.
As far as the black book goes, I entered it at 1km, so essentially new, my concern is that it is used as soon as I drive it off the lot, so I will be eating a ton of first year depreciation even with the rebate, which makes the deal not so attractive! Plus 10,000 for first year depreciation is scary proposition for the future, this thing will be worth nothing in 5 yrs? A good deal up front is great if it continues through the life of the car, but not good if you lose it all anyway, what are your thoughts on future value?
I will pull a new ccc for 2011 models here.

http://www.gencoupe.com/canada/49435-info-2011-car-cost-canada-reports.html

And yes, once you drive the car off the lot, it's considered used. In june there was a $4500 cash discount for base 2.0t manual and $3000 cash discount for the rest of the 2.0t. Later on, there was a $4000 cash discount for the 3.8. What you have now is better as it's a $4000 discount but you can still take advantage of the 0% financing for up to 60 months from Hyundai Canada.

I think if you need Future Value Financing in order to buy the car, you should be looking at a cheaper car. I would take the 60 months at 0% and just pay the monthly payments.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
The dealers in my area only have 2011s in Yeah, apparenly there are still white, silver, aqua blue, and black left. Have you seen the Aqua blue?, is it a girls only color or does it look cool?
Aqua Blue was my first choice actually. I really like that colour, but the wife wanted red.

Resale is hard to predict. Traditionally, Hyundai's was lower then most other manufacturers. But, Hyundai has a huge market share these days and their new cars are proving to be very popular. As for the Genesis, a quick search of kijiji only shows a few for sale and they are all pretty close in price to their price.

· Registered
3,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #139 ·
So I go to the dealer today, they offer me low black book for my prestine BMW,
and tell me that the $4000 rebate cannot be used in conjunction with the 0% financing? Is there any way to prove them wrong?
Sorry. I miss read the comments on the report. The $4000 discount is on cash purchases only. There is however a $1000 discount if you choose to take the 0% financing.

You can however take the $4000 cash discount and finance at a rate of 3.85%. I did a calculation using the loan calculator on td.
TD Loan Calculator________________________________________________________________

Term: 60 months
Loan Amount: $24456.51 (Assuming you get $10k for trade in after tax)
Rate: 3.85%

The borrowing cost (interest paid) is $2471.49 (You save around $1550).

These numbers change depending on the factors you change.

121 - 139 of 139 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.