Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2013 Hyundai genesis 3.8 gt its automatic 2nd owner of this bad boy got it when it inly had 16000 nd now 81112 miles since 2017 i always have fun with my car race a couple times but not to much later this year i Notice my car wouldnt go pass 140 when i race a mustard it didn't wann go when ik my car can take it to 175mph oh im tuned by alpha speed have ark exhaust and just read that inject short ram is not a good intake for my car. Anyone know anything about this please hmu

·
Registered
447 Posts
Does it have a oil catch can? If not, it’s likely your intake is sludged up. Especially if there are no CELs on your dash. You’ll have to split your intake to find out. Good time to install an intake spacer while you’re there.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Might sound basic, but plugs and coils may run perfectly but at high speed would hinder your performance.
Plug gap wrong or plugs going bad, coils starting to fail...etc

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Maybe alpha tuned you but did not remove some limiters. Our cars are limited to 149, and must have several things adjusted to be truly unlimited, if you are an auto it gets even more complicated, but it can be done.

Check with them see what they did and did not do.

Also before you start doing that mess make sure your wheels/tires have the proper offset and toe for over 135, it does make a safety difference.
If you do not know what I speak of you shouldnt be doing it.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Ive tried some high speed shenanigans mabey once or twice, didn't feel to confidence inspiring near full chat. Stock suspention, (ultimate trim) with Bridgestone re11's in stock size. I know its generally considered non adjustable on our cars, but shouldn't positive caster angle have more affect on straight line stability?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Ive tried some high speed shenanigans mabey once or twice, didn't feel to confidence inspiring near full chat. Stock suspention, (ultimate trim) with Bridgestone re11's in stock size. I know its generally considered non adjustable on our cars, but shouldn't positive caster angle have more affect on straight line stability?
Your problem with stability was probably more aero related than suspension, unless the struts/shocks were worn and thus less effective. GCs sit fairly high at stock height, and I can see lift at the front being an issue at 140+ mph, especially with aero help in the rear (spoiler,diffuser).

By contrast, my ‘13 BK2 lowered on coils with an eBay front lip and factory rear lip spoiler was rock solid on the banking at Daytona (although the steering was too light for my tastes at high speed). Terminal speeds on the front and back stretch were right at 140-142 (via GPS, slightly higher indicated).

Reactions: lvdukerider

·
Premium Member
15,282 Posts
Nope. OP never stated RPM @ 140 mph.
Mechanically (at least on the BK1) it's limited to 155 mph (going by hyundai documentation and rev limiter). That and wind resistance, it makes sense that it would top out a around 140.
The BK2 has a parachute for a grille.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Automatic could be susceptible to a lower top speed but still has 37 more hp stock than a BK1.

Mine was a 6M and still had legs. The only thing that slowed me was the braking zone.

Given the 81K the OP stated was on the clock, I’m sticking with carbon buildup.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I read the OPs post more closely. Hes a 8AT, and alpha tuned,...that means they didnt do **** to the TCU so all his limiters are still in effect despite anything they did to his ECM.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts