Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 gen coupe 2.0t and I’m having troubles with the car starting , I don’t hear any starter clicks and I got my battery tested and it was good and the alternator is running fine , is there any other issue?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,573 Posts
Take the starter relay out and jumper the slots for pin 30 and 87. The numbers should be on the bottom of the relay. It should crank. If not the problem is between the fuse box and starter.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For sure thank you illl try it out in a few hours , sorry but what do you mean by jumper the the slots? Should I attach a wire and jump it? Sorry idk much about this just getting into electrical

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,573 Posts
Pull out the relay, locate 30 and 87. With the key on 30 should have 12v, so should 85. If so, take a piece of wire, strip both ends a 1/4" or so and stick one in 30 and the other in 87. It should crank if all is good to the starter.

If it does, then set the meter on ohms. One end ground to the block or battery, the other end stick in term 86 when trying to crank. See if the ohms are less than 1ohm. If so the ECU is switching on the ground for the relay coil when commanded. Ohms should rise when not trying to crank.

If no ground on 86 when trying to start then it's a sensor (crank?) or the ECU.

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,573 Posts
30 is power in, 87 is power out to the starter. What happened when you jumpered 30 to 87?

Product Azure Rectangle Font Slope

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did the clutch bypass and it cranks and starts but still sometimes it won’t turn over

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I got it checked out at Canadian tire and they said I’m getting a code p1676 , it’s a immobilizer issue, whenever I turn the key to on if they car with the key inside shows up the car starts fine but whenever it doesn’t show up car doesn’t start, is there any way to fix this diy or do I have to go the the dealership

1 - 14 of 14 Posts