Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, my ECU arrived back from SFR and after dropping it in, my car will not start. It'll crank but simply won't turn over. After doing some reading, I see there are a few things it could be.

Firstly, since I didn't want to send SFR my ECU in case something went wrong (like this), I called around looking for a 2010 genesis ECU with the matching codes and all that. (apparently there's 3 different types, so I made sure to get the right one with the same immobilizer code and such)

When i got hold of one i eagerly sent it off to SFR, and yesterday i tried putting it in and all my car will do is crank.

I'm not quite sure what is causing the issue so i thought i would get the forums opinion. I've read that it could be something to do with vin coding. I was told that the ECU would not work with my car by the place i bought it from, so i explained that i was having it reflashed, and they said in that case it should work fine. So one of my theories is that maybe Jay leaves the original vin coding when he reflashes it? Anyone know anything about that?

Something else that I think might be worth noting is that when I turn the ignition on, with my old ECU plugged in (the one that works and came with my car) the immobilizer icon is ON, and stays on till i start it. However, with the SFR'd ECU, the immobilizer icon never appears. Which i thought was kind of strange, as shouldn't that be the other way around if it was the immobilizer causing it to not start? Or does the icon being lit indicate that its good to go?

·
Premium Member
16,124 Posts
You can't just simply match immobilizer codes and think it will work.

Unless you specify to them that the ecu is from another car, they don't touch immobilizer settings.

It would have been cheaper overall to just get a ecu from sfr with a tune, instead of finding one and sending it to be tuned.
An ecu from them is only $250 IIRC

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
You should have tested the ecu before sending it to tune, it only takes a few minutes,

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts