Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently I've been having a strange issue with the car not wanting to turn off.

I my car has the proxy key setup.

What happens is, when I press the button to turn the car off, the engine shuts off, but the car is stuck in ACC mode.

My initial thought what a stuck rely, so I pulled the IGN-1, IGN-2, and ECS-ACC (I think it says ECS). It turns all the accessories off, like it should, but when I plug the relays back in, it didn't really do anything and it's still stuck in ACC mode. I've changed the battery in the key fob and playing with taking the battery out of the fob and messing with the relay, sometimes gets it out of ACC, but not always.

It does this at random times when I try to turn the car off. In the mean time, I've been popping the hood, disconnecting the battery and then manually locking the doors.

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
I think the SSB (stop start button) may be bad.. That's my driveby diagnosis. It doesn't just get stuck there unless there is a malfunction with the BCM or SSB

·
Premium Member
16,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Turns out it was my shifter cable.

Not really in park all the way (not all the way to the left when in the park position.
tightened up the slack. All is well

·
Premium Member
16,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did you put on a manual shifter cover?

put a fender washer on the shifter shaft, before putting on the cover. this will stop the leather cover from folding into the channel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts