Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a bit of reading but wanted to double check.

Am I correct that the only 2 manufacturers that offer an intake for the Genesis 2.0 is AEM and Injen that have CARB #'s ? Futhermore, they are CAI.

I am looking to make sure because:
1. I live in CA
2. I got a few buddies that sucked water up with the CAI and it was no bueno (Yes i know it doesnt rain much in San Diego, but when it does, some roads get nasty)
3. Just want to avoid putting the stock airbox back in when smog times comes along.

·
stock car modified driver
5,645 Posts
Don't expect that there will be any carb numbers going to be released for either of the gencoupes especially for intakes. According to carb you cannot remove any emissions related device. Unfortunately our stock intakes have a charcoal filter in them. This is the same reason why the scion tc doesn't have legal intakes.

[QUOTE=CaffienD;574668]Did a bit of reading but wanted to double check.

Am I correct that the only 2 manufacturers that offer an intake for the Genesis 2.0 is AEM and Injen that have CARB #'s ? Futhermore, they are CAI.

I am looking to make sure because:
1. I live in CA
2. I got a few buddies that sucked water up with the CAI and it was no bueno (Yes i know it doesnt rain much in San Diego, but when it does, some roads get nasty)
3. Just want to avoid putting the stock airbox back in when smog times comes along.[/QUOTE]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts