Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2010 premium coupe with the 17 infinity speakers and just bought a 2011 radio control for my 2011 LCD display.

I swapped out all the parts, started it up and any music I've played was super peaky (very high treble). I lowered the treble to the lowest and its still very peaky. I took out the radio and I noticed that the 2011 radio was rated for 4Kohm and my old 2010 was for 10Kohm. Now I'm stuck with it and have to go search for one that rated 10Kohm.

I should have noticed the difference before I bought the 2011 radio and I'm passing along the info to you all. If you drive the premium package and want to swap the radio out, make sure its from a 2011-2012 PREMIUM package car as well.

BTW the radio antenna receiver is shaped differently so I have no FM/AM. I don't know if that difference between years or the infinity/basic package thing.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
or buy a 2011 amp that is also rated for 4ohm.

oh, and it's 10 speakers, not 17. That's a Genesis Sedan and it's a Lexicon system not Infinity/JBL like ours.

actually wait a second.. did you try putting a single disc head unit where there used to be a 6-disc? Cause that's a no no.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I change my mind about the 4Kohm amp. I want the correct audio deck with a 10Kohm.

If anyone got one from a 2011-2012 let me know.

·
Premium Member
16,246 Posts
You will need a line-out converter to be ran between the stereo on the amp to lower the volume gain coming out of the stereo.

I'm using a PAC SOEM-4
It's 4 channels and there are only 4 channels coming out of the stereo. the stock amp converts out to the center and the sub.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts