Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are different cargo nets available for the trunk? Mine came with one that is stretched across the front opening, but in the manual, a net is pictured lying flat on the floor of the trunk which I think would be better overall. Is such a net available?

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
I never got a net, so not exactly sure what your talking about. I didn't think they came with nets, I thought it was a paid accessory.

Anyways, nets are pretty universal. The trunk has the hooks already in it, you should find alot of them available online or in retail stores, just get some quick dimensions on what you need first.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a net from my Mazda I use and it connects flat to the floor with hooks that were already in the floor. I've seen another coupe that has hooks on the upper part of the trunk opening that replace the "screws" that hold the trunk fabric wall in place. I'd like to be able to use it either way but have been to lazy to check the dealer for the upper hooks. I also bought a collapsable "Milk" crate from one of those closet organizer stores and I love it for loose groceries. I keep it flat until I need it then pop it up and set the groceries in it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Awesome! Thanks, guys! Yeah, mine came with the Hyundai net as one of the optional accessories included with the car. I don't suppose you have a link for the Mazda net do you? Or which Mazda was it for?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Awesome! Thanks, guys! Yeah, mine came with the Hyundai net as one of the optional accessories included with the car. I don't suppose you have a link for the Mazda net do you? Or which Mazda was it for?
I bought it for a 2002 Mazda Tribute. The cargo tray actually fits pretty good also but I bought the Genesis tray. I put the Mazda tray in my wifes 2009 Prius. Who would have thought these things were that close. I'm not recomending the Mazda tray just sayin...
My coupe was built in Dec 2009. I think the later models came with the net.
My next project is to see if I can add the coat hook from the 2011 in the back of my 2010.

·
NEW 3.8 R-Spec Owner!
29 Posts
I have the Hyundai cargo net accessory for mine still in the bag it came in...the instructions are about 6 pages long and have you removing trim pieces in the trunk and drilling certain holes just to mount the hooks for it.

I just got the car this week, so I don't feel inclined to start drilling on it just yet! When I get the chance, I'm going to try it out with the hooks that are already in the floor of the trunk. Thankfully, I didn't request the net separately...it was already "included" with this car at the other dealer they shipped it from.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the Hyundai cargo net accessory for mine still in the bag it came in...the instructions are about 6 pages long and have you removing trim pieces in the trunk and drilling certain holes just to mount the hooks for it.

I just got the car this week, so I don't feel inclined to start drilling on it just yet! When I get the chance, I'm going to try it out with the hooks that are already in the floor of the trunk. Thankfully, I didn't request the net separately...it was already "included" with this car at the other dealer they shipped it from.
I know! I'm not ready to start drilling into my new baby. I did stretch it out across the four hooks and it fits, but its pretty tight. Only small items will fit underneath and since it cant be folded out into a large square, you are left with a small rectangle. This might be what I go with in the time being though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got the mesh bag that installs in the rear of the trunk, I installed it with no trouble. But I told the dealer they should install them for the price they are. $90. if I remember right. We have them in Our Pontiac Vibe and use them all the time. Keeps things from sliding all over particularly in the coupe deep trunk.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I just bought the Hyundai net from Parts. It was $25 and quite easy to install. Just follow the instructions.

They charge $60-90 for it if they include it in the car deal typically but then they usually install it which would take 15 minutes or so.

·
Registered
531 Posts
I just bought the Hyundai net from Parts. It was $25 and quite easy to install. Just follow the instructions.

They charge $60-90 for it if they include it in the car deal typically but then they usually install it which would take 15 minutes or so.
Link to purchase site?

·
211 Posts
I bought it for a 2002 Mazda Tribute. The cargo tray actually fits pretty good also but I bought the Genesis tray. I put the Mazda tray in my wifes 2009 Prius. Who would have thought these things were that close. I'm not recomending the Mazda tray just sayin...
My coupe was built in Dec 2009. I think the later models came with the net.
My next project is to see if I can add the coat hook from the 2011 in the back of my 2010.
Dave C It's been 6 months, any luck with those coat hooks? They would be nice to have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i bought 2 hooks that you use in the house that goes over door. put them over the trunk hingers and fastened the bottom to the bottom hooks. works good for me. cost me $2.00 bought the hooks in a dollar store

1 - 13 of 13 Posts