Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a serious noob when it comes to these mods and stuff. i often find myself struggling to understand what you guys are talking about on here but I've been trying to pick up on a few things...

i was just wondering .. is it possible to put a carputer in a 2012 with the stock navi already in place? like where the torque and time screen is. i just thought it'd be pretty bad ass to have 2 screens going.

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
You would need a relocator kit to move the blue screen down to where the cigarette lighter is.

·
Premium Member
13,004 Posts
^ doesn't even need that useless screen. All it displays is instant MPG, Torque and a clock iirc.
That screen is also a different size than the rest of the IDD's, which means the relocate kits won't work with it anyways.

Type A or Type B (your preference) and something like a liliput screen and mount the carputer under your passenger seat.

·
Registered
350 Posts

didnt use the blue screen for almost a year, but ended up getting the relocation kit, cuz i was lazy to pick up the phone to c whoes calling, and doing everything such as audio setting and stuffs blind, kinda sucked

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so the relocation kit will allow me to keep the stock navi in the same place it is now? what kit do you recommend. and how would it work..keep the stock for iPod music and bluetooth calling and use the new one for navigation? would that work?

·
Premium Member
40,514 Posts
Snoop's got a point... if you have Navi, you don't need the blue screen for anything really because all your stuff is displayed on the radio. I would probably just unplug the thing and drop in your screen using a A or B bezel kit and be done with it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if i were to use a relocation kit.. where would i put the hazard light button and the airbag display. its located on the bezel itself.

·
2010 3.8 Track AT
183 Posts
There's the rub. I haven't found one that accommodates the emergency flasher and air bag buttons.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
300 Posts
There's the rub. I haven't found one that accommodates the emergency flasher and air bag buttons.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag

I would be all over a second screen, if it looked OEM and had a spot for the hazard button and passenger airbag indicator.

hell, id prolly start writing apps again in android just for use with the car lol.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag:gc-smiley-sign-i-ag

I would be all over a second screen, if it looked OEM and had a spot for the hazard button and passenger airbag indicator.

hell, id prolly start writing apps again in android just for use with the car lol.
same man. i would absolutely love it. cant believe no one has been able to come up with it yet

1 - 10 of 10 Posts