Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just lookin to hear from anyone who has these or even one of these mods installed and whether or not it is worth it and what kind of results you got from them. Kind of at a stand still with upgrades besides getting tuned or a reflash doen which is coming soon. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've got secondary cat deletes and an ark exhaust and the pipes really opened up the sound of the engine. I can't say anything about power gains but the car sounds AMAZING

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got secondary cat deletes and an ark exhaust and the pipes really opened up the sound of the engine. I can't say anything about power gains but the car sounds AMAZING
How does it sound inside the car? Is there a lot of excessive noise during normal driving

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Does it help or hurt with drone?? I will be finding out soon, since i bought some from socks. But just curious.

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Hurt, and beware of running 0 cats. That = rattle.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
As long as it doesn't have rasp.

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
Is OP asking about secondary deletes? Or deleting the cats all together?

With secondary deletes you may notice a small amount of rasp, but if that small amount bothers you, then you have extra sensitive ears. My ear drums are ruined from daily driving straight pipes on a Vette for a year and a half :rofl:

·
Registered
620 Posts
How does it sound inside the car? Is there a lot of excessive noise during normal driving
during normal driving, which i consider to be anything under 3K, it is relatively tame but you can still hear it. with the windows closed i barely notice it until i hit about 3K and if I'm on the Highway cruising I'll usually just put it in 6th and I don't hear a thing, that is when I'm not in the mood to just listen to the engine :D

when you floor it in low rpms in 3rd gear or higher it has a very deep rumble to it that picks up to a roar by the time you hit 4K.

Kinda hard to describe but i absolutely love the sound of it, not raspy at all, doesn't drone when idling, and a friend of mine has seen my car backfiring on the highway a couple of times. just another thing i thought was pretty cool.

with all that aside, under hard acceleration it does get very loud but in n ear-gasmic way.

I've been meaning to make a video for sound comparison purposes and if i find the time I'll try to make one in the next few days to post here.

hope this helps

·
Registered
434 Posts
i have 2 sets of rear cat deletes left if anyone is interested.

one set that i took off my car, mild steel, painted with header paint. $60 shipped

one set in stainless steel, that were gonna go on my car to replace ^those, but im selling the car instead. $125shipped.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
during normal driving, which i consider to be anything under 3K, it is relatively tame but you can still hear it. with the windows closed i barely notice it until i hit about 3K and if I'm on the Highway cruising I'll usually just put it in 6th and I don't hear a thing, that is when I'm not in the mood to just listen to the engine :D

when you floor it in low rpms in 3rd gear or higher it has a very deep rumble to it that picks up to a roar by the time you hit 4K.

Kinda hard to describe but i absolutely love the sound of it, not raspy at all, doesn't drone when idling, and a friend of mine has seen my car backfiring on the highway a couple of times. just another thing i thought was pretty cool.

with all that aside, under hard acceleration it does get very loud but in n ear-gasmic way.

I've been meaning to make a video for sound comparison purposes and if i find the time I'll try to make one in the next few days to post here.

hope this helps
Yeah, I may have to look into these. Just trying to find some inexpensive things to do while I am saving up for some larger purchases.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Socks, how much for the good set if you bring them to WBN when you come? I actually need to research these more, but figured its a valid question.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Socks, how much for the good set if you bring them to WBN when you come? I actually need to research these more, but figured its a valid question.
$100 or $50 for the other ones. They are both good sets, and will last a long time. The stainless ones look better though...

·
Registered
260 Posts

hope this helps
I have the Ark dual exhaust and been contemplating the secondary cat delete. a comparison would would def be Ear-gasmic.!!!

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
I have the Ark dual exhaust and been contemplating the secondary cat delete. a comparison would would def be Ear-gasmic.!!!
This.

I'm definitely doing cat-deletes, but itd be nice to hear before I do it.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Secondary cat deletes will compliment any exhaust nicely, as for power gains, they're negligible.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I am looking to hear the Ark test pipes with an Injen exhaust.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts