Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the whole modding my 2.0T thing , i wanted to start with a exhaust , so i was wanting to get the isr single exit but had a few questions, i don’t have any down pipes test pipes or anything like that so would it still be able to be put on without any? and second since i’m getting rid of a cat would it throw any engine codes or anything i should be concerned about? and finally since i wouldn’t have a cat i would have to be tuned for that wouldn’t i? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks guys!

·
Registered
3 Posts
99% of the aftermarket exhaust are made to be bolt on to stock setups. Getting rid of your second cat wont throw any cel it just makes your car louder and smell like exhaust fumes. you dont get into cel until you do downpipe work or 02housings.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The first guy got it pretty spot on.

The ISR catback will bolt up to the stock exhaust fine. You can remove the secondary cat without any issues. It doesn't have any O2 sensors. If you remove the secondary you'll get a little less restriction, a little more noise, and fumes. You do not need to be tuned for either a secondary cat delete or a catback. Just as an FYI, the ISR catback does not remove any cats - your ISR will bolt right up to the secondary cat.

Now if you want to remove the primary cat, which is the first pipe right off the turbo, you'll get a CEL because that's where the O2 sensors are. It's a good idea to get tuned if you remove that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts