Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Cecil county dragway in Rising sun, MD

766 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Snyper 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I just bought a 2013 3.8 track on June 22,2019. I am headed to get some base times Friday night test and tune at Cecil county dragway. I am good friends with the owner and will be running 30 minutes before the track is open to the public. Nice fresh prepped track. Cecil dragway is 24 ft. Above sea level and a fast track.
I had a 1994 (new/stock at the time) z28 1LE. A little lighter than am regular z28 and I ran 13.78 stock.
Also had a 2005 SRT4 (again new and stock at the time) that hit 13.9.

Are their anyone else going down Friday July 5th? Should be pack for the holiday.

I will update my night for you guys if your interested. If not, just please ignore the post.
I use to work at the dragstrip and ran my other cars alot. I know this track well and always get great times.
Although the z28 and srt4 didn't stay stock, the gen coupe will.

#2 ·
Ok here are some times, I got to run 30 minutes before the track officially opened to the public.

Side note: on Friday night grudge match, once the light turns green you can sit there for 5 minutes (not really, people would get mad) and still run a 13.xx. Time only starts when you break the stage beam. Anyways....

Car left in drive : 2 runs 13.89 and 13.76
Car in sport :. 2 runs 13.77 and 13.75
Sport manual: 2 runs 13.99 and 13.98 I didn't do to well timing the shifts

Very close times in all modes. Seems sport and let the car shift itself yielded the best times. (Tonight anyways)

Not bad times I guess. First time with this car and didn't launch hard at all...around 2800- ish not sure how much higher I could launch an automatic?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.