Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had a friend help me install 3 gauges for me. Got them working and everything was great and normal. After driving for a bit I found that I was only reaching 5psi, then the cel came. Now im thinking its because my friend removed the Check valve on the manifold where the boost T was install. So we are going to attach it tomorrow. But do you guys think it might be something else? And what is that valve used for even?

thanks in advance.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
So I had a friend help me install 3 gauges for me. Got them working and everything was great and normal. After driving for a bit I found that I was only reaching 5psi, then the cel came. Now im thinking its because my friend removed the Check valve on the manifold where the boost T was install. So we are going to attach it tomorrow. But do you guys think it might be something else? And what is that valve used for even?

thanks in advance.

Dont take things off if you dont know what they do.

That check valve supplies the needed vacuum signal to the OEM solenoids. With the valve out, the solenoids will see boost and vacuum. (which i'm sure is what caused your CEL)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I though. My friend is a lot more mechanically sound then me( as he is a mechanic) . I mentioned that it had to be left on but he didn't think so, so I let it go. We will put it back on tomorrow.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts