Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 108 Posts
Same car same problem same CEL codes posted above. This happened to me when I hit 3000 miles. The car jerked into limp mode when I was about to shift to second gear. Took it to the dealer, waited an hour. Told me the "throttle body" had to be replaced. It had to do something with the ground wire on it. Dealer replaced it, had no problems since.

Same car same problem same CEL codes posted above. This happened to me when I hit 3000 miles and was about to shift to second gear. Took it to the dealer, waited an hour. Told me the "throttle body" had to be replaced. It had to do something with the ground wire on it. Dealer replaced it, had no problems since.
Good to know! I hope that I'm having the same issue. I'm bringing my car in this coming Monday so I'll update the thread with what they find out.

Our cars don't like extreme weather in any direction. in the cold i had all kinds of electrical issues. in the hot a complete different set of issues. The good thing is none of the issues are perm and go away over time.

This just happened to me last night, and I am stock except for the Injen exhaust I installed about 2 weeks ago.

Restarting the car cleared the limp mode, but now I have a CEL.

More to come.

same thing happen to me but the CEL light cleared a week later on its own lol. Either let the dealer clear it or let it clear on its own i say.

don't bother stopping by the dealer, mine didn't store any codes.

Its funny because i can beat the crap out of my motor on the track for hours no issue, then drive home and get a limp mode rolling from a red light lol.

Well here's my update:

I went to the dealership yesterday and they stated that the ECU was not communicating with the PCM. They said that when I installed my AEM CAI that I unplugged the MAF sensor plug and this caused it. I told them when I installed my CAI that I didn't bother unplugging the MAF and only took the couplers off and attached the aftermarket to the already plugged in MAF. They didn't believe me so I bit the bullet and paid for an ECU reset ($108). I didn't feel like arguing with them since it was my word against their tech.

I'll keep running my car with the A/C on and see if it happens again. *yay*

And a side note:

I find it interesting that we all have black coupes, I know correlation =! causation but kind of makes me go hrrrmmmm...(can we say heat related?)

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Well here's my update:

I went to the dealership yesterday and they stated that the ECU was not communicating with the PCM. They said that when I installed my AEM CAI that I unplugged the MAF sensor plug and this caused it. I told them when I installed my CAI that I didn't bother unplugging the MAF and only took the couplers off and attached the aftermarket to the already plugged in MAF. They didn't believe me so I bit the bullet and paid for an ECU reset ($108). I didn't feel like arguing with them since it was my word against their tech.

I'll keep running my car with the A/C on and see if it happens again. *yay*

And a side note:

I find it interesting that we all have black coupes, I know correlation =! causation but kind of makes me go hrrrmmmm...(can we say heat related?)
^Hey, I started this thread and I have a white coupe! Lol.

I'd like to point out that I had ZERO mods when this irritating problem happened to me. That tech was full of crap!

I had the same problem with my car. After 2 trips to the dealership they determined it needed a new throttle body. So far I haven't had any issues.

^Hey, I started this thread and I have a white coupe! Lol.

I'd like to point out that I had ZERO mods when this irritating problem happened to me. That tech was full of crap!
Haha nevermind then! I was looking at everyone's avatars and noticed they were all black. Maybe almost everybody with a 3.8 has it in black? :p

Yea techs are usually full of sh*t, this is the same place that rotated my staggered tires from the front to the back *facepalm* I think that I need to go to a different dealer in the future...

I had my second limp mode last night on the freeway, luckily I was just exiting the freeway that second, restarted the engine and it was fine, 4 hours later, the cel went off, and all was good. Going to take it in to Autozone and get codes. Willing to bet they are the same 3 codes I had last time.

The dealer just did a ecu reset the first time, and now its going again, should I be safe to say recall in the near future?

Heres a cell video I taped of it for my dealer.

nope. recalls are for safety issues. probably put out a TSB, which doesn't mean much to the dealer, unless you go "blaaaaarrrrggggg, fix it NOW. I haz this." plop bulletin notice on desk.

Bah, I hate to agree, guess we'll just have to wait for the next incident when someone gets in a bad crash over the issue.

Happened again, even after the dealer tried fixing it twice already. Same b/s, ecu reset, throttle body and ground wire of some kind. Well they can't get it right, seems like I'll be getting rid of the car. (it was probably made on a Monday or Friday) :p One more time of this happening and it'll fall under the lemon law and I'll get all my money back.

This time it happened as I was slowing down at a red light btw.

Happened again, even after the dealer tried fixing it twice already. Same b/s, ecu reset, throttle body and ground wire of some kind. Well they can't get it right, seems like I'll be getting rid of the car. (it was probably made on a Monday or Friday) :p One more time of this happening and it'll fall under the lemon law and I'll get all my money back.

Sorry to hear that man. Best of luck with the Lemon Law bs.

So far I haven't had any issues but these past few weeks have been unseasonably cool (not complaining.) I do plan to take a trip down to Phoenix so we'll see what happens then :(

Did they replace the throttle body? If not that's the problem. I had the same issue and the dealer replaced my throttle body because it had a bad ground wire on it, problem never came back. If you want I can upload my dealer report...

21 - 40 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.