Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I had a CEL pop up and I got a code of P2562, from what I read this can be a wastegate actuator issue or a turbo pressure sensor. Has anyone had this issue before? I've searched the forums for this code and found nothing, but it seems like this is an issue Sonatas have fairly often.

I do have full bolt ons and a tune, any advice before I take it to the dealership would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I was and am hoping that it is just the wastegate that needs to be adjusted. That'd be the easy fix for them

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey, thanks. You wouldn't happen to where to find the specifics on this would you? I can't log in to my account at hyundaitechinfo and see for myself

·
Registered
599 Posts
It's TSB #11-20-007
Specified voltage is 3.85-4.45V. If output voltage is greater then 4.3V rotate the rod end clockwise. If less then 4.1V rotate rod end counter-clockwise. You will have to backprobe the wastegate connector with the key on to adjust. If you want to do it yourself I can find the pin# and wire colours for you.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'm taking it to the dealership on Monday to see what they say, if they get dumb about it I'll end up doing it myself. Thanks a whole lot for the help so far!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Just tell them to look up that TSB gives step by step how to adjust it. Real simple, it's for a sonata turbo but they run the same turbo and wastegate and have personally adjusted it that way on a GC to fix that issue. Best of luck

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yea like others said get it checked for adjustment. I haven't seen that with coupes. But nearly every other week with turbo sonatas. But there is always the chance of something else actually being broken. And the specified range was narrowed to 3.9v to 4.1v and it needs to be cool to the touch. If you do it yourself, rev it up a few times after and recheck. It may move out of spec during throttle cycles. And would need some more adjustment

·
Registered
133 Posts
12-em-003 is the revised tsb. Just did this on another turbo sonata. Exact same code, just to show how common it is.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cool, thanks! I do have a question, if I have a turbo-back exhaust, injen intake and intercooler piping, will this void warranty on this specific part if it's a common problem?

·
Gas.Clutch.Shift.Repeat
399 Posts
Cool, thanks! I do have a question, if I have a turbo-back exhaust, injen intake and intercooler piping, will this void warranty on this specific part if it's a common problem?
They have to prove that those parts caused your problem. Im not sure if they can or not

·
Registered
133 Posts
They may give you a hassle about the turbo back. When they pull up CELs and see the no cat codes. An intake does not void turbo warranty. If you have an aftermarket bov on those ic pipes then yes that would void turbo warranty. BUT it being a common problem on non nodded vehicles the tech SHOULD know your mods have nothing to do with it.

Typically when I adjust them it is 1 full rotation of the rod end closest to the exhaust wastegate to bring it back to spec. You can try that then clear the code. You really need to know the voltage value for the boost control actuator though. Otherwise its shooting in the dark. Also be careful not to bend anything while loosening the nuts hold the rod ends in place. Also the clip holding the rod end to the wastegate is a bitch. I use a hook and pick set to get it out. Do not lose that clip either. 1 full rotation shortening the rod is most commonly what I see. A few have required more adjustment though. And I have yet to lengthen the rod in any case.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ah.. darn. I'm praying it's an adjustment. I do have an aftermarket bov and the dealership here is pretty... questionable. Oh well, here's to hoping :)

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
They may give you a hassle about the turbo back. When they pull up CELs and see the no cat codes. An intake does not void turbo warranty. If you have an aftermarket bov on those ic pipes then yes that would void turbo warranty. BUT it being a common problem on non nodded vehicles the tech SHOULD know your mods have nothing to do with it.

Typically when I adjust them it is 1 full rotation of the rod end closest to the exhaust wastegate to bring it back to spec. You can try that then clear the code. You really need to know the voltage value for the boost control actuator though. Otherwise its shooting in the dark. Also be careful not to bend anything while loosening the nuts hold the rod ends in place. Also the clip holding the rod end to the wastegate is a bitch. I use a hook and pick set to get it out. Do not lose that clip either. 1 full rotation shortening the rod is most commonly what I see. A few have required more adjustment though. And I have yet to lengthen the rod in any case.
Hello. I am trying to resolve this on my 2013 GC (code P2563). Can you tell me which pins to check for the voltage? And exactly which bolt I am adjusting?

This would REALLY help me out as I've been trying to get the exact details on this for a while now and want to work on it today. :crying:

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its the green wire in the connector on top the turbo. Should be 3.9v to 4.1v if reading to high you need to shorten the rod, to low you need to lengthen. You also need to measure the voltage while back probed with the engine off but key on

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Its the green wire in the connector on top the turbo. Should be 3.9v to 4.1v if reading to high you need to shorten the rod, to low you need to lengthen. You also need to measure the voltage while back probed with the engine off but key on
OK Thank you! I will check this out!!!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts