Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Ok well I think I found part of the problem. It does show 4.19v so I will still adjust the rod down but plan on dropping some hot glue on this when complete....

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Koziollz could take a picture of where you probed? I'm having the same issue so I'm trying to test. If you can also shoot me a pic of your turbo setup that would help immensely

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Koziollz could take a picture of where you probed? I'm having the same issue so I'm trying to test. If you can also shoot me a pic of your turbo setup that would help immensely
The green wire that is frayed in my photo above is where I probed.

I have a stock turbo setup, just CAI exhaust and tune....bov is back to stock as well

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I am now getting P2564 code and same symptoms.

I went 1 full rotation outward, to no avail.
I put it back to stock location and tightened the bolts, to no avail.
Waiting for the engine to cool down will try 1 rotation inward and check again.......this is getting frustrating!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm on the same boat. Was getting both codes and now after adjusting get no code but no boost.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Has anyone been able to resolve this? I replaced my wastegate connector and now getting P2562 and no boost.....

·
Registered
392 Posts
Guys, I'm now also in the same boat as both of you. I'll getting a P2563 "Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance"...

I haven't measured the voltage yet but the OP had a different code pop - does the TSB really have anything to do with us? Just wondering if we should be focusing somewhere else.

I will check voltage right now.

- Marco

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
The Gen Coupe is back!!!!

For those of you that have been following my CEL/boost/limp mode problems I finally resolved them and cleared the CELs. First I replaced and soldered the electronic wastegate connector, still had issues. This morning I replaced the whole electronic wastegate and arm, cleared the CELs via torque, and I'm back in business. Boosting again and BTR tune is running nice.

Reinstalled the BOV adapter after a couple initial test drives, all gravy!!!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nice - same with me - replaced EWG and life is good.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well I just threw codes P0035,P259F, and P2562
:(

·
Premium Member
15,171 Posts

I have a stock turbo setup, just CAI exhaust and tune....bov is back to stock as well
the wires aren't frayed, the insulation is coming off the wires.

I wouldn't use hot glue.... It will be around hot parts.

Just get some liquid electric tape.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts

the wires aren't frayed, the insulation is coming off the wires.

I wouldn't use hot glue.... It will be around hot parts.

Just get some liquid electric tape.
They ended up being frayed eventually, can't tell in the photo. I ended up replacing the whole connector, new solder and made sure to do a really nice solid job. Was still throwing the code and no boost. Had to replace the electronic waste gate and that took care of it.

tldr: replaced electronic waste gate & soldered replacement connector: All Set!

·
Premium Member
15,171 Posts
shouldn't solder connections that'll be around exhaust components.

User small gauge crimp connections, with shrink tubing.

·
Premium Member
15,171 Posts
the best solution is if there's enough slack, to crimp new pins onto the wires, and re-pin the connector.

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
the best solution is if there's enough slack, to crimp new pins onto the wires, and re-pin the connector.
There wasn't enough slack and I couldn't repin this connector. It's a whacky one. I did use shrink tubing and route the wire as far from exhaust components as possible. Seems to be a solid connection so far.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts