61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
24k miles :((((

·
Premium Member
15,171 Posts
yep... your turbo is shot. How many miles on the car? I had to replace mine at 93000 miles.
I wouldn't say that it's shot.

It's shot if the turbo doesn't spin.

I would check the connection to see if there are any breaks in the connections.

·
Registered
392 Posts
you're right I shouldn't have said that so authoritatively...

·
Registered
392 Posts
I was wondering if the OP ever resolved this and what was the outcome?

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
I was wondering if the OP ever resolved this and what was the outcome?
I resolved it by replacing the EWGA (Electronic Waste Gate Actuator).....I sold the car so I actually have another used one I am looking to sell.

I bought it used and never ended up using it, sat in a box for about a month. Came off a 2014 BK2 after approximately 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
392 Posts
what do you want for it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
What's up guys, I just recently bought 2 months ago my 2013 Gen Coupe 6 speed. It has 28,800 miles and just last Thursday I got the check engine light, and no boost at all. Checked for codes, and it therew P2562. Would this be covered by Hyundai under their warrenty?? Kind of worried cause I honestly don't have the $500 to replace this right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
What's up guys, I just recently bought 2 months ago my 2013 Gen Coupe 6 speed. It has 28,800 miles and just last Thursday I got the check engine light, and no boost at all. Checked for codes, and it therew P2562. Would this be covered by Hyundai under their warrenty?? I'm assuming it's the EWGA?? Kind of worried cause I honestly don't have the $500 to replace this right now. I have an appointment with Hyundai today at 9:30am. Please lmk ??

·
Registered
392 Posts
yes 28000 miles it is covered. Wastegate actuator is no longer under warranty at 60000 miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes 28000 miles it is covered. Wastegate actuator is no longer under warranty at 60000 miles.

Do you think it would take long to fix or install? You think I'd have the car back the same day? I'm going in like 8 hours to get checked out at Hyundai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
honestly the concern should be whether they have it in stock. if they do it'll be a 30 minute job. Where r you located? socal by chance?

·
Registered
392 Posts
ok good luck man hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know this is the 2013 gen coupe but my buddy has a 2011 Hyundai sonata 2.0t with the P2563 code. I was wondering if this would be the same issue with the electronic wastegate.
Do you think we should replace the EWG? Not sure if the sonatas has an electric wastegate. I think its not electric.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts