Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

CEL code P2562

50K views 80 replies 18 participants last post by  Maxgrenier 
#1 ·
Today I had a CEL pop up and I got a code of P2562, from what I read this can be a wastegate actuator issue or a turbo pressure sensor. Has anyone had this issue before? I've searched the forums for this code and found nothing, but it seems like this is an issue Sonatas have fairly often.

I do have full bolt ons and a tune, any advice before I take it to the dealership would be greatly appreciated.

#31 ·
Well I just threw codes P0035,P259F, and P2562
:(

#40 ·
There wasn't enough slack and I couldn't repin this connector. It's a whacky one. I did use shrink tubing and route the wire as far from exhaust components as possible. Seems to be a solid connection so far.

#41 ·
I don't think people realize how crappie these connections and wires are from the factory.

#42 ·
im having the same problem. i have a p2563 and p2564. im planning on just buying the EWG. do you guys know the part number for the EWG that you installed and was the installation easy? i really dont want to go to the dealership. Thanks

#43 ·
on my way home and will pull my invoice out and give you the part number... super ez to swap out and won't take you longer than 10 mins

#44 ·
Thanks a lot man.

#45 ·
Here is the part # for Electric Waste Gate Actuator (2013 - assume it's the same part for everything 2013 and above): 39400-2C500

It should cost you around $216. Hope that helps.

#46 ·
Thank you so much man I really appreciate the help!

#47 ·
#51 ·
Okay so this part is the Electric Wastegate Actuator? or solenoid? sorry im a noob whats the difference? Im sure i need a new electronic wastegate

#54 ·
on the link i posted i know it says solenoid but if you look at the part number its the same as the one you just showed me. 394002c500

#56 ·
alright man thanks for all the help. :grin:

#58 ·
okay i see.. thanks. Im gonna go with the actual wastegate for 134$

#59 ·
so i installed the new wastegate and everything was good for about two weeks. now i have the same code and i actually bought another new wastegate but this time i still have the code and no boost. any ideas?

#60 ·
yep... your turbo is shot. How many miles on the car? I had to replace mine at 93000 miles.

#61 ·
24k miles :((((

#63 ·
you're right I shouldn't have said that so authoritatively...

#64 ·
I was wondering if the OP ever resolved this and what was the outcome?

#65 ·
I resolved it by replacing the EWGA (Electronic Waste Gate Actuator).....I sold the car so I actually have another used one I am looking to sell.

I bought it used and never ended up using it, sat in a box for about a month. Came off a 2014 BK2 after approximately 3,000 miles.

#66 ·
what do you want for it?

#67 ·
What's up guys, I just recently bought 2 months ago my 2013 Gen Coupe 6 speed. It has 28,800 miles and just last Thursday I got the check engine light, and no boost at all. Checked for codes, and it therew P2562. Would this be covered by Hyundai under their warrenty?? Kind of worried cause I honestly don't have the $500 to replace this right now.

#68 ·
What's up guys, I just recently bought 2 months ago my 2013 Gen Coupe 6 speed. It has 28,800 miles and just last Thursday I got the check engine light, and no boost at all. Checked for codes, and it therew P2562. Would this be covered by Hyundai under their warrenty?? I'm assuming it's the EWGA?? Kind of worried cause I honestly don't have the $500 to replace this right now. I have an appointment with Hyundai today at 9:30am. Please lmk ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.