Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Short Bus Driver
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was spawned from the "OMG where is everyone" thread. Ryan and I want to make this happen, so everyone get off your ass this Saturday and come join us. We're going to meet up at the Steak n Shake in Winston on Saturday morning.

Steak & Shake

From there, we will be driving a wild mystery route*** through the backroads of NC (and possibly beyond) which will end at Hanging Rock state park. It's a little less than an hour drive.

There's a second driving leg for those who are looking for a little more excitement. I'll bring details to hand out - this route takes you into VA up to the Blue Ridge Parkway along some very twisty roads.

Should arrive at the park on time for a nice picnic lunch, so don't forget to bring something with you! If someone has better ideas for food please PM me so we can discuss.

So far, in attendance will be:

Me (Cameron)
VIRPhan (Ryan)
Boostedpse (Chris)
CoupDeGen (Michael)

Obeezy85 and Soon2bevil will be there in spirit.

Post in this thread or PM if you're interested.

Should be a great warmup for the Dragon in April, and just a great way to spend a beautiful Saturday. Ryan said he'll hang out his car window while his kids drive to get rolling shots for us. :hello::bowdown:

LET'S DO THIS THING.
***Details coming soon

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
Give me a location and time on where to meet on Saturday and I will get back to you no later then Friday night lol. car was acting kinda funny this morning on the way to work so I need to do some troubleshooting to see what's up.

·
Short Bus Driver
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What's up with the car Obeezy? Plan is to meet at the Steak n Shake just outside Winston - there's a Google Maps link in the first post. Here's the address: 4684 N Patterson Ave, Winston-Salem, NC 27105.

I'm thinking we'll probably want to meet around 9 AM - but I'm still flexible on that.

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
EL and I were on the phone last night looking at the map. This should be a great little drive for a "Weather doesnt suck" day. LOL

Put away your coat and come on out!

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
These young professionals that date college girls just kill me with their late mornings...

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
ok i talked ot ryan lastnite and i should be in for this.

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
EL (Cameron) - Yellow 3.8 Track
VIRPhan (Ryan) - Silver 3.8 base
Boostedpse (Chris) - Black 2.0 Track
CoupDeGen (Michael) - White 3.8 Track
Soon2b (aka.. D) - Red 2.0 Track

Looks like I'm the only base 3.8 again.. LOL

Could it actually be a trip where we don't have a Nord Gray?!!!

·
Trollolol
76 Posts
i might be able to make it to steak and shake, but i have to bring my little sister to peace college in raleigh at 1pm for a meeting with the athletic director/basketball coach.

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
ha i wake up monday-friday at 435am so get some of that lol

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
i might be able to make it to steak and shake, but i have to bring my little sister to peace college in raleigh at 1pm for a meeting with the athletic director/basketball coach.
I'm not sure how you would be able to make it back to Peace College by 1:00. You're looking at about a 1.5 hour drive from Winston but we'll be an hour or so north of there. Get her a limo!

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
ok well ive been having this weird clickin noise coming from my pass side i cant find out what it is. I was installing some hard pipes and a new FMIC today and guess what i found out. I broke some kinda suspension part on the driveside! Great! man im getting a clutch and im done son! I think i broke tension bar or something. Looks like it was welded to the chasiss and i must have ran over a bum to fast or made a U-turn or something but its Broken i know that. Grrrrr if its not one thing its another!

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
well i am getting my tranny looked at again for my second gear lock out, i have a valve cover gasket leak and i have a coolent leak some where that they need to locate. Plus this morning i had some loss of boost/power/seemed to be bad fuel issues that was making my car act all weird. so it will be in the shop tomorrow, if i get a rental i will come out there and do the ride with you guys that way we can talk and i will put miles on there ride lol.

·
Registered
129 Posts
:( I wont be able to make like always :( I just got back into town, and my mom met me at the airport for an extended weekend. I love her to death and knew she was coming down, but I moved away for a reason :p

I will however be able to make it to Cars and Coffee in March.

Take some great pics so we can add that to the site.

Ken~

·
Short Bus Driver
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Bump - updated details in post #1.

VIRPhan - after playing around with the route a little bit, I've broken it into two segments. The first segment is NC-66 up to Hanging Rock, about 45+ minutes. This part should be fun and brisk for everyone without being a total haul. Part two is Hanging Rock up to the Blue Ridge Parkway, which is about an hour and a half. I still haven't decided if I'm running that part but I'll bring maps for everyone.

How does everyone feel about meeting up around 10:00 at Steak n Shake instead of 9? That puts us at Hanging Rock between 11 and 11:30 depending on how quickly we roll out from SnS.

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
10:00 works for me. I'll call Chris and Michael. I take it that Soon2b isn't going?

Obeezy! We need to get that ride running smooth and not just looking smooth. ;)

·
The one the only
2,325 Posts
10:00 works for me. I'll call Chris and Michael. I take it that Soon2b isn't going?

Obeezy! We need to get that ride running smooth and not just looking smooth. ;)
I know bro trust me

·
GenSport Carolinas
3,001 Posts
I've left messages with Chris and Michael regarding the change in time to 10:00am.

Looks like we'll have four guys which will be nice. Still haven't heard back from Cam, Kid or Doktamaja. Hopefully we'll get a last-minute confirmation.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts