Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
importshark.com

im looking between this grill, the luxon matte black or the sarona matte black grill (although it may be out of stock)

These all go for around $160, which out of all these has the best fitment?

I would love for someone from import shark to comment

·
Registered
311 Posts
PM Sent

·
Banned
442 Posts
Knock Off Chinese Junk

Looks like a cheap "made in china" knockoff of the USA made RMR CF grill.

Do yourself a favor and buy a high quality, Made in USA product. To note, I have had mine for over a year, fits great, no yellowing, no defects upon arrival.

My $.02

RMR made in USA CF Grill

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i have zero problem buying products made in china. rmr grill is very nice, but how much was it??? a grill is a piece of plastic with different designs. I'm aiming to spend around $150-160 on one. and thanks for posting your pics, although i do believe i've seen them in the pics of grills thread when i searched.

i'm just looking for one that has a similar shape as the one i linked or spoke about, and has good fitment. don't need or want anything fancy

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
Either one from import shark is gonna have shotty fitment. Just a fact that it is going to need much more fcking with to get it to fit kinda right than a grille that is made right. You get what you pay for. There is a reason they are cheaper that is no secret.

·
Banned
442 Posts
For RMR, you can do a few things. Pay the $210 on the website and call it a day.

OR - Join their "club" for $30, then you automatically save 15% on the grill, which comes to $175.06, making the total investment of $205.06.

By joining the club (according to their site), you get a hat, t-shirt, poster, license plate frame, sticker package, and additional discounts every month.

Not to mention, a handcrafted, handmade in USA quality product that fits perfectly, by a vendor/company whose primary focus is to innovate and enhance the Genesis Coupe platform; as opposed to supporting chinese knockoffs and child labor.

I really don't care what you buy man, you asked for advice, this is my opinion.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
all points taken into consideration. as a consumer i dont really care where things were/are made. I bet 90% of the things in your house and in mine are made in china.

back on topic of grills. i do see that on the RMR site, they have a fiberglass one for $134, thats a good price. does it need any painting? or does it just fit right in?

·
Premium Member
8,703 Posts
The Sarona grills are currently out of stock because we're coming out with a new version. The current "v3" Sarona grill was too complicated for some people to install properly. Certain people who couldn't figure out how to do the install on their own felt it was necessary to complain about it instead of just asking for assistance--so in an effort to avoid this in the future, so I decided to simplify things with a new version that's coming out soon. Disregard the "cheap China made" references above because the location of where something's made has nothing to do with your questions. If you aren't looking to get something absolutely immediately, then give it a week or so and we'll have pics of the v4 Sarona grills. I'll even make a video to show how simple it is to install.

This will be available within the week.

·
Ex-DSMer
3,611 Posts
Is the design update only on the CF version?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.com App

·
Genesis Coupe FTW
1,740 Posts
I bought this grill from mike, fitment is 100% looks real good too!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've dealt with IS several times between my boosted Tiburons and my GC.
Aftermarket parts, ESPECIALLY fiberglass/CF, RARELY fit 100%. This has nothing to do with IS or any other vendor for that matter.. It's the manufacturer... That's business basics... Come on. So this alone leads me to thinking right away that not only do you have unrealistic expectations, but your also immature and blame the wrong person. Why do you think that 8/10 body kits/bumpers/lips are suggested to be 'professionally installed' BY THE MANUFACTURER? It's aftermarket for a reason... If you want perfect fitment every time, stick to OEM.

Secondly, I've found IS very accommodating as a vendor, and around the forums just being a member. I received a grill from them that was slightly chipped, and Mike agreed to replace it right away. And then I changed my mind and wanted a lip instead, and he had no problem switching my order for me, free of charge. AND, because Nikko lives in the area, he dropped the lip off for me directly to my bodyshop, so I didn't have to pick it up or have it shipped. So I'm sorry, I can't seem to see the lack of 'professionalism' or 'customer service'.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the RMR grill in fiberglass, how will that look installed as is from the factory? all i can tell from the pics is that its white and my car is white. how will it match up? does it need to be painted?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats exactly it, i'm wondering how the luxon and sarona grills fit in our GC's. are they both the same to install? my hood gap is large enough, will these grills make it worse?

·
Banned
442 Posts
I don't disagree with this. Like I said, 8/10. Which means 2/10 are different. I never brought up the quality of products, just the whole picture.
Posting PMs between you and a vendor, or even a member and publicly bashing them in multiple threads, all because of a product they sell that you don't like, isn't right. If you feel their customer service is sub par, then write a review in the seller reviews section.. Leave it out of regular threads. OP asked about the product, not the vendor.

OP asked about the product, not the vendor. Sorry for insulting you, but you should keep your personal opinions about someone to yourself, or the reviews forum where they belong man.

Thank you for your concerns. The product in question is actually the vendor in this instance; so posting the concerns of the company are one in the same.

As you spend time on this forum, you'll realize that people don't 'search', so I am advising them of potential concerns and they can make their own decision on whether or not to purchase from that vendor.

Perhaps the vendor in question needs to step up his game and PREVENT people from being disappointed in his products/services so that they don't post negative comments in their open threads.

Instead, the vendor would rather get his leghumpers (all of which seem to be in the NY/NJ area) to defend him and try to make it seem like those with legitimate points are "overreacting".

Conversely, if you want to sing Mike's praise, you should also keep it out of the main forums and post it in the seller's review. Based on your own admissions, any vendor feedback should be put in that subforum, not this one.

·
Banned
442 Posts
thats exactly it, i'm wondering how the luxon and sarona grills fit in our GC's. are they both the same to install? my hood gap is large enough, will these grills make it worse?
Yes - listen to JewishThunder and search all the other threads about poor quality fitment around the Sarona grills.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
haters are going to hate, these grills fit perfectly n so does luxon. like mike said some people for some reason cant get it to line up when others get it 100 percent. so we decided to change the fitment alittle bit to make it better n eaiser for everyone

·
Registered
667 Posts
so you said those grills fit perfectly ?? then you said we decided to change the fitment alittle bit to make it better n eaiser for everyone ?? if they fit perfect why change it ?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts