Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
There is nothing remarkable about the Forge. But it does need to be rebuilt/taken apart and cleaned/greased once a year or so. And you can get a new piston and o rings for the Forge pretty cheap and easy from Forge.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,383 Posts
I would also recommend you get three short hex head bolts instead of the allen heads. For me anyway it is much easier to put on the turbo.

I rebuilt mine after about three years. $17 kit IIRC.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ima be honest my only goal is to have that sound be more distinct lol so if 45 buck will do it it’s worth it to me🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just one note, i had a polish made knock off that was made with basically same principle (cant really make it any different its JUST a piston moving back and forth)

The problem you eventually MAY encounter (i did in mine) is that the piston gets skewed and 'locked', this may cause surge. I'm not saying this one will but the one i had - it did.

So .. just test it and observe :)

·
Premium Member
14,915 Posts
I made a wooden one using the stock valve, like 10 years ago, just to test the theory.
Then made it out of steel plate... then upgraded the turbo, which got rid of the stock valve placement.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts