Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read how to build a 3.8 and it was mentioned stock exhaust was good up to 350 wheel but came across these shortys for 155+tax on WMdotCom , has anyone tried a set?

SS Shorty Exhaust Header Manifold for 10-16 Genesis Coupe BH/DH 3.8 Lambda V6 11 12 13 14 15

Attachments

·
Registered
15' 380GT BK2 M/T ;P
78 Posts
Oh man those are something else lol, never seen of heard of them before. Kinda makes me happy to see super cheat Chinese knockoffs being sold for our car, means we’re getting more popular haha
But yeah headers are a good mod but really you won’t see any benefits until you get a tune. But the sound alone is worth it to me, made me smile every single time I cranked up.

But I wouldn’t go with those personally. I can’t imagine the material being strong enough or thick enough to hold up for a while without cracking, especially if you wrap them which you should cause your engine bay will heat up since you remove all that heat shielding on the oem headers. Isn’t the saying 1% of power is lost/gained every 5 degrees.

eBay almost always has some OBX, MHP (OBX replica), DNA or NGM for sale. They’re solid cheaper headers
Here’s the first link I found.
Header Fitment For 2009-2016 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8L By MHP | eBay

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just came across those and since I am staying with FBO at the moment I am doing rear cat delete and calling it a day. I have already replaced the rear muffler with a much lighter single in/single out muffler that is a little on the quiet side so removing the rear cats should help. I also have a replacement resi, not sure if its needed. I bought a 2in/2out to run duals but it was almost as heavy as stock so I sold it.

STOCK 3.8 BK1 MUFFLER FOR SALE IN NASHVILLE TN AREA CHEAP!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts