Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am the proud soon-to-be owner of a Genesis Coupe 2.0T a/t in nord grey. Being a student who wants to stretch his parents' dollar as little as possible, I opted for the most base model gencoupe.

That being said, I was wondering if you all could recommend any worthwhile mods/additions I can make to the car (cosmetic or otherwise) to make this a more fun ride. I don't have a set budget right now on what I would be willing to spend, just wanted to see what people have to suggest.

Thanks.

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
The cheapest one is replacing the intake silencer with a thin/small piece of exhaust piping.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Your first name isn't daniel is it? And I've recommend a tune. Sfr, power axel, or cmd

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts
Your first name isn't daniel is it? And I've recommend a tune. Sfr, power axel, or cmd
He said cheap lol. I don't think his parents would want to fork out that kind of money!

The cheapest one is replacing the intake silencer with a thin/small piece of exhaust piping.
This sounds way cooler with the M/T. :(

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I should clarify. I work part-time and will have some form of money to spend on my car if I think its worth it. Realistically, I would want to stay under $1,000 definitely, <$500 would be amazing.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I would like to reiterate my original statement, and I'm sure everyone here agrees.

Also just to point out, it said he didn't want to stretch his parents dime therefore they got the base. Didn't say anything about then paying for mods.

Kim get a tune first and foremost. Than decide what you want to do after you feel the tune. Most kelky that well be it for awhile.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
At the risk of sounding noobish, I have to ask. What does it mean to get a tune? And how much does it cost? :D

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts
At the risk of sounding noobish, I have to ask. What does it mean to get a tune? And how much does it cost? :D
Not noobish at all! Especially since I can't exactly explain how it works, but here it is in a nut shell:

Think of it like this. You know how the brochure says you have 210 horsepower? Your car is actually "programmed" to have that horsepower. A tune basically unlocks that extra power that has been hidden due to the factory tune. What you'll have reprogrammed is your ECU, the Electronic Control Unit. They'll tweak a few things like your A/F (air/fuel) ratio, and what not, and basically manage the way your engine works more efficiently. You'll notice a very significant increase in horsepower (And I'm not talking like +5HP. More like +40 and more), and also an improvement in fuel mileage (provided you don't have a lead foot).

Can someone please come in and actually explain it properly? I don't think I did a very good job lol.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
get a Beyond redline stage 1 tune. with a "Tune" you can make your car run slightly more efficiently and get higher torque and horsepower. cost about $800 but everyone says its worth it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Most 'bang for the buck' mods I have done in the past had been getting a tune and lightweight or under drive pulleys.
I am currently still waiting for these on the gc though.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
I REALLY cheaped out with my car...

I bought a cone filter (yeah, I said CHEAAAPPPPP), that satisfied my need to hear the turbo and a "BOV" type of noise, just until I get my actual blow off valve.

For cosmetic looks, a new grill, some debadging and a sexy matte black emblem from Mike @ ImportShark made her look INCREDIBLE!!!!

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
Was gonna say, get an umbrella, and an ice scraper if u live in cold climates lol

Serious, a tune would be suffice!

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
I REALLY cheaped out with my car...

I bought a cone filter (yeah, I said CHEAAAPPPPP), that satisfied my need to hear the turbo and a "BOV" type of noise, just until I get my actual blow off valve.

For cosmetic looks, a new grill, some debadging and a sexy matte black emblem from Mike @ ImportShark made her look INCREDIBLE!!!!
"Her" I thought females gave their cars a male persona? =)

·
Car newb
2,239 Posts
First free cosmetic change should be debadging the trunk. First paid cosmetic change should definitely be a grill.

·
Banned
1,705 Posts
yon can get 1000$ in your pockets if you buy a manual .. then get a tune + intake = FREE MODS
the automatic in the 2.0T sucks big time .. and even with a tune and bolt ons i don't think it would keep up with a bone stock manual

·
Registered
542 Posts
You don't even have the car yet. Fill her up, drive it around, park it and stare at it for a while.

For exterior mods check the exterior section of this forum.

Live in it for a while before you start changing it. It's a pretty good package from the get go!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts