Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
get a set of wheels and then start saving for college. Seriously guys? This kid is getting a car from his parents and you're telling him to throw his warranty out the window with a tune?

If your car has any kind of engine issues and they challenge you because of your mods, I know my parents would put a serious woopin to my backside (of course my parents would also say buy it your dang self). Those stock 18's are an eyesore. Grab some XXR's, or look in the used section here and see if someone is selling a set of wheels.

As long as you don't get an autotragic transmission the car should be plenty fun.

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
This?

GM LS engine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What the heck are you talking about? :broken:
What is there to not understand about a full engine swap?

Its out of the OPs price range, assuming he doesn't have the tools or knowhow on swapping engines. It was sarcasm anyway.

But, price/performance ratio is spot on. Making it one of the most worthwhile mods.

·
Miss Thread Derailer
2,975 Posts
Had a feeling this thread would turn this way *sigh*

IMO, you're going to be planning for college, on a limited budget. Start sweet and simple with something you can't go wrong with:

VISUAL MODIFICATIONS!

• New grill
• De-badge

They make you feel even more excite and attracted to your car.

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
Had a feeling this thread would turn this way *sigh*

IMO, you're going to be planning for college, on a limited budget. Start sweet and simple with something you can't go wrong with:

VISUAL MODIFICATIONS!

• New grill
• De-badge

They make you feel even more excite and attracted to your car.
  • Tint
  • Yellow fogs

·
1,525 Posts
yellow lights are win. Unless you live in a place that is always dry, yellow is way better for wet.

·
British Oreo.
944 Posts
How do you guys even go about getting yellow fogs? Do you use a yellow film? Or do most of you actually bother to get the bulb replacements?

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
How do you guys even go about getting yellow fogs? Do you use a yellow film? Or do most of you actually bother to get the bulb replacements?
I'm only going to bother doing the film. I've done it for friend's cars and it turns out great. Plus, $20 from Lamin-x with a 5 year warranty is a damn good deal.

·
1,525 Posts
I put yellow HID's in my lowbeams (3000k). For foglights, you could do HID's but most likely would have too much glare. Instead use Lamin-x because I think rockblocker went out of business... You can also get yellow bulbs, but good yellow bulbs tend to have shorter lifes and harder and more expensive to get. You can also use krylon stained glass paint.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
thanks for all the replies. Lauren I think you're right. I'll probably be getting my car tinted up after I get it. That being said, any advice on what kind of tints to get? I am getting bathurst black, so I'm not sure how it will look with even darker windows. I'm afraid of the lack of contrast looking bad.

Also, just to clarify, I'm a senior in college so the planning for college part is just about done :)

·
oh hayyy
995 Posts
thanks for all the replies. Lauren I think you're right. I'll probably be getting my car tinted up after I get it. That being said, any advice on what kind of tints to get? I am getting bathurst black, so I'm not sure how it will look with even darker windows. I'm afraid of the lack of contrast looking bad.

Also, just to clarify, I'm a senior in college so the planning for college part is just about done :)
What state do you live in? Typically, 35% is the most popular tint amount.

·
1,525 Posts
ohhhh. Gotcha. College student is quite a bit different. Still wouldn't nuke your extra cash. Job market sucks for new grads. I have 35% tint on my black coupe. Tint shop suggested using a lighter tint to keep the interior temps cooler. He said dark tint on a dark car would make the car hotter in the summer sun.

Also, I used metallized tint which is technically warned against because it could cause interference with the rear window antenna, but I've had no issues. But I also don't listen to AM so who knows for that.

I still think wheels are the easiest way to make the car "yours".

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
yon can get 1000$ in your pockets if you buy a manual .. then get a tune + intake = FREE MODS
the automatic in the 2.0T sucks big time .. and even with a tune and bolt ons i don't think it would keep up with a bone stock manual
Well, for 2010 at least, stock or mod for mod the auto is faster 0-60 than the standard because of the low rear end and faster shifts.It just uses more gas doing it. :D

21 - 40 of 54 Posts