Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I chipped my right front tire in 2 spots after side-curbing it when making a turn. I have attached some photos. The damage seems to be on the side wall, but closer to where the tire comes in contact with the rim. The car/wheels are nearly new (4,500miles) but I noticed the pressure was 5 PSI less than the other 3 tires when this happened. Is this enough damage to warrant a replacement? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
If there are cords showing through then id say definitely replace it. I couldn't see any in your photos so you should be fine, but i wouldn't trust them at triple digit, (or close to) speeds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there are cords showing through then id say definitely replace it. I couldn't see any in your photos so you should be fine, but i wouldn't trust them at triple digit, (or close to) speeds.
Thanks for the reply! I might just air on the side of caution and get it replaced. I did get the tire and protection warranty at the Genesis dealership when I bought the car, but they seem to specify that they will only cover damages from “road hazards” so I’m afraid this won’t be eligible to get fixed.

·
2012 Gen. 3.8 Track w/ZF
758 Posts
The area where you hit them is the overlap above the bead and below the side of the tire. I would change them but more because of the looks rather than being a hazard. I would also not recommend 100 mph driving however, just to be safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts