Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got a 2013 with Satin white pearl paint. Started noticing pealing and light orange color developing in my front and rear bumper. FeelsBadMan.

I saw other posts where they still had warranty and dealer repainted or spent own money going to a shop.

Since I don't have warranty for paint and don't want to spend $500+ right now. Anyone got any ideas for a cheaper diy fix?

Here are some pics

·
Registered
4,574 Posts
This is a common problem. If you search you will see it is defect. I would contact Hyundai corporate and send links to them from this forum to see if they will assist you.

·
Parts Pro & Lic Mechanic
1,297 Posts
I got a 2013 with Satin white pearl paint. Started noticing pealing and light orange color developing in my front and rear bumper. FeelsBadMan.

I saw other posts where they still had warranty and dealer repainted or spent own money going to a shop.

Since I don't have warranty for paint and don't want to spend $500+ right now. Anyone got any ideas for a cheaper diy fix?

Here are some pics
Good luck..................I was stuck with the $600 repair bill because I was 10,000km outside the paint warranty at only 18 months of use.

But good luck, I got the "to bad so sad" reply from Hyundai.................and it'll be the last one I ever buy, I'd rather walk than give them another penny.

Duro

·
Registered
627 Posts
Sorry to hear about this, but it is a common issue with that color as previously stated (which is annoying for a big enough company like Hyundai). Pearls are expensive because they involve a 3-stage paint process and usually have to be blended with other panels for a good color match. If it were me, I'd save up n just have both bumper covers repainted unless you're good with a spray gun. :grin:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts