Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to get info on everyone thats gots a new aftermarket clutch setup with ot without flywheel. i was wondering how they are holding up, if there were any issuse with them? looking to get a clutch here within the next couple of months.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I have the spec stage 3+ and flywheel. I love it! It grabs hard and hasn't givin me a lot of trouble. It was kinda rough through the break in but that's to be expected. It calmed down a bunch as it got broke in though. It holds up very well to all the drag launches I've put on it lol. I did have a limp mode problem 3 times like a few other guys with this setup. Spec assured me it was a relearn issue and it would go away and it has. Over all I'm a happy customer.

·
Banned
1,099 Posts
I have the clutchmasters fx300 with the stock dual mass flywheel. It feels much better, although the notchiness is far worse, meaning it takes much more force to get it into 1st/2nd gear. It also hasn't given any CEL's or anything, which is probably important. It has a much stronger bite yet doesn't require a stronger foot than with the stock clutch.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Spec 3+ w/ flywheel holding 303whp 320 ft/lbs no problem for about 6K miles so far.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
DTMSPEED Stage 4, 17lb single mass wheel, 6-puck clutch kit. Zero issues. Launches like a space shuttle. Extremely precise engagement and incredibly quick shifts thanks to the short pedal throw and immediate engagement.

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
DTMSPEED Stage 4, 17lb single mass wheel, 6-puck clutch kit. Zero issues. Launches like a space shuttle. Extremely precise engagement and incredibly quick shifts thanks to the short pedal throw and immediate engagement.
how come u didnt get the 5puck?

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I will be giving a review on the Exceladyne unit in a couple of months after install.

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
I have the spec 3+ and flywheel. It's cheap, which is a plus. I had this limp mode issue a few times now (about 10 or so) and it's defiantly happening less but I still wouldn't say it's fixed yet until it goes a month without happening. Pretty smooth, chatter was really bad during first 2k miles or so. Still not sure if I would recommend it yet, since most people have had some kind of problem with it.

·
Fast Member!
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have the spec 3+ and flywheel. It's cheap, which is a plus. I had this limp mode issue a few times now (about 10 or so) and it's defiantly happening less but I still wouldn't say it's fixed yet until it goes a month without happening. Pretty smooth, chatter was really bad during first 2k miles or so. Still not sure if I would recommend it yet, since most people have had some kind of problem with it.
yeha thats why i wanna get a review on it. so far that DTM clutchs seems to be wrking welll but its $$$$$

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
yeah it is esspensive. if it's any consolation though the DTMSPEED (Valeo) product is actually a genuine race-spec item, that clutch kit is made by Valeo for Korean Grand Touring Championship racing as THE specified race clutch kit for BK cars participating in the race series. It's srs bidness.

·
Back to Stock!!
952 Posts
yeha thats why i wanna get a review on it. so far that DTM clutchs seems to be wrking welll but its $$$$$

I've had mine since Aug-Sept and had this limp issue very few times. Went home, unplugged the crank sensor and put it back in. Also checked my CMD power connection and haven't had any more issues since.

fast revving at 26ish psi hasn't been a problem for me so far.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have the clutch master stage 3 and flywheel and my only complaint is it is much louder then stock and I can not find a way to get it to engage smoothly.
It LOVES to bite in and just go.
So if you love revving and dumping the clutch its great. For steady, easy acceleration from a stop, its choppy as all hell.

The subarctic temperatures around here probably are not helping things.

·
Out Pissing Off cops!
4,572 Posts
I have the clutch master stage 3 and flywheel and my only complaint is it is much louder then stock and I can not find a way to get it to engage smoothly.
It LOVES to bite in and just go.
So if you love revving and dumping the clutch its great. For steady, easy acceleration from a stop, its choppy as all hell.

The subarctic temperatures around here probably are not helping things.
Do you think the FX200 would be the same? I can live with the noise, but if It jerks a lot off the stops, I won't be able to ride it during winter without the ass going crazy....

·
Ontario Genesis Club
3,356 Posts
I really wish ACT would get there clutch out. Does anyone know my the clutchmaster fly wheel is soo damn expensive?

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
I'm suprised that Exedy hasn't brought anything to the table yet.

·
Banned
7,214 Posts
I really wish ACT would get there clutch out. Does anyone know my the clutchmaster fly wheel is soo damn expensive?
because it's machined from a solid billet of unrepentant souls

1 - 20 of 92 Posts