Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive noticed latley that my clutch seems to be slippin a little. but it seems to only slip in 4th 5th or 6th only when i get on it. 1st-3rd doesent seem to slip and every so often the clutch pedel tightens up and is hard to push.

any ideas?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Yup Yup...What are your mods? your Tq is probably above what the clutch and flywheel is rated at..they got a nice clutch/flywheel sale goin on for 800..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car is still stock.. this is my 4th manual car and never had to replace any of my other ones this quick. It only has 32000 miles on it and is only a yr old.. had the car out today and it wasent slipping so i donno

·
Registered
275 Posts
hmmm...odd...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Cold weather?

·
Banned
2,090 Posts
Our clutch blows but stock should not be a prob

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im also thinking therrs a malfunction with the lsd bc the light was on for a about a day but went off. And now seems like theres less to no slip.. gonna take it to hyundai see what they say

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,190 Posts
I know this is slightly un-related, but where would be a better place to get my clutch swapped, the dealer, or a transmission repair shop?

I'm worried about bringing it to another shop while having warranty, although, once I swap out the clutch assembly, I figure it will be out of warranty anyways. Not sure what to do though. Any suggestions?

·
Once you go turbo.....
106 Posts
WTF! mine has been slipping like once a week in 4th and 5th gears TOO!!!
The only (sort of) performance mods are a Spectre Cone Filter, and resonator delete...but we all know neither of those are adding HP, and thus are not causing the problem...this is weird....like i said tho, it happens rarely, but regularly about once a week ill notice it

·
CH 11, Sec 62
1,516 Posts
I been having that slipping problem too. in 4th 5th and 6th and usually at 30% throttle and up. Took it to the dealer and they said nothing is wrong with it and "dont step on it. its not a sports car".

Was totally dumb founded. Couldn't even reply to that and just walked out. So i'm looking at a new clutch/flywheel setup? Wheres a better place to go...the dealership or a transmission shop (really don't want to go back to the dealer after getting a response like i did)

·
Burger King Dildo Hammer
2,190 Posts
really? they told me it was a racing transmission and a real sports car..... weird... f*cking dealerships

·
240SX turned GC
1,176 Posts
same issue with mine
4,500 miles on the car, revs seem to slip high at WOT throttle, i need to do a boost leak test. Almost any gear after 3k, when boost builds and i punch it, the revs jump maybe 500rpm, it jumps back down, and power stabilizes, car is powerful after that,
i feel like intercooler is loose on hot/cold side, cant tell

·
240SX turned GC
1,176 Posts
Im also thinking therrs a malfunction with the lsd bc the light was on for a about a day but went off. And now seems like theres less to no slip.. gonna take it to hyundai see what they say
what light are you reffering to being on? IIRC the LSD doesnt have a light...

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
If u got tools, do the installation urself.
It took me 6 hours and saved $550.
But this considering me, i work on cars ALOT.

·
, SJ is the man
9 Posts
If u got tools, do the installation urself.
It took me 6 hours and saved $550.
But this considering me, i work on cars ALOT.
I did it with a friend too but it is not for the weak willed or the ill equipped. Everyone in this thread that is blown away by their early clutch slipping. You want it to be a different, easy problem, but it is not. Accept it. Get a new clutch and make sure a new flywheel while you're in there. They are both garbage. Then relearn how to drive your car without a miserably sloppy DMF and super weak clutch.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts