Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
Whatnot, my competition clutch is not listed in your original description.
Its CC stage 4 segmented ceramic clutch. Im pretty sure i am the only person that has it

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
ClutchMasters FX400 4puk Stage 4 clutch.

·
SUN★WORKS
56,362 Posts
I thought the stage 4 was their puck style setup?
This is a clutch they offer but is unlisted. BBB said he can get them if anyone wants one!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hey guys, I just bought a used 2.0T. Come to find out, the previous owner abused the **** out of the clutch and flywheel. The car is stock except for an intake. I dont plan on giving Hyundai $5000 to replace them both. What clutches/flywheels should I be looking at? Durability preferred (I know it depends on how good you are at driving a manual transmission...) I know the thread says no brands, etc but i would really appreciate some input as Im clueless on the subject :/

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
hey... it seems i'm going to need to get a new clutch, i have 16k on my clutch, and it's slipping. today merging on highway i came onto first slow so it gripped at about 2.5k rmp i WOT and at 6k rmp shifted, i got into gear fine and i dropped the clutch and then continued to floor it, and slippage i had to clutch and put it into 3rd that finesse it in. It is horrible.

is this normal? i had my trans. changed twice because of problems and each time they reinstalled the orginal clutch and flywheel. Idk if to cought up the $ now for a CC or b*tch and complain to hyundai saying the old tran.'es killed my clutch. I'm not even tuned so i don't see why i would need a CC now, figured if i could get a new OEM clutch i'll be set for now

·
Lord Stig
6,676 Posts
my clutchmasters stage 4 clutch just died at 15k miles with 2 crazy rough drift days.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Whatnot, my competition clutch is not listed in your original description.
Its CC stage 4 segmented ceramic clutch. Im pretty sure i am the only person that has it
It's a Stage 3 part# 5095-2600

Also here is updated info for the first page

Clutch material/Torque rating max (crank lb ft) (or % over stock crank tq):
Competiton Clutch Stage 2: Steelback Brass/80% Increase
Competiton Clutch Stage 3: Segmented Kevlar/150% Increase
Competiton Clutch Stage 3: Segmented Ceramic/150% Increase(long life than Kevlar)
Competiton Clutch Stage 3: Iron 6 Puck/175% Increase
Competiton Clutch Stage 4: Sprung or unsprung Ceramic 6 Puck/250% Increase
Competiton Clutch Stage 5: Sprung or unsprung Ceramic 4 puck/300% Increase

PP Material/Force:
Competition: Steel/2700lbs

Price
Competiton Clutch Stage 2 + PP: $895
Competiton Clutch Stage 3 + PP: $995
Competiton Clutch Stage 3 Ironman + PP: $995
Competiton Clutch Stage 4 + PP: $895
Competiton Clutch Stage 5 + PP: $895

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey so I guess I will update this because I probably one of the higher mile coupe drivers on here. I bought my coupe in Aug of 09 and within a few months of owning it had the BR 20lbs reflash on it 24/7 Never raced or tracked it but the OEM setup was slipping really bad in 4, 5, and 6 with about 21K miles on the odometer. From past experience in daily and light track use I decided I wouldn't go back to a puck style clutch because they just wear out way to fast on the street for DD and getting stuck in traffic. I picked the Clutchmaster stage II unit with flywheel and could not be happier. Currently I am putting down about 275tq and drive it every day without a single issue. I have 60K miles on my ride now and in the last 40K miles on the stage 2 unit it feels like day one. Peddle feel is like stock, always holds and never sticks! If I was to have a complaint it would be the clutch chatter if you are unfamiliar with aftermarket clutches this might not make sense to you but this clutch chatters like no other!!! Very load almost thought something was wrong the first few months it was installed even had it inspected but after talking to a few others with the same setup and clutch master they say that is just how it is. In the winter and cold it isn't to bad but a hot summer night after a long drive or a little time and the track and you pull up next to a buddy in the car next to you and roll down the window to chat you will either need to keep the clutch peddle held in or shut you car off because you wont be able to hear what they are saying LOL. Soon I will be adding a whole new power setup to the car with probably another 20% power increase so I will see how long it holds up and will update this and I start looking 100K miles in the face in the next year or so.

If this helps anyone awesome if not sorry for making you read it all. :)

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
there really that much clutch chatter? dam :/ has anyone installed a clutch without THIS much... i wouldn't mind a little chatter but not so much that i have trouble speaking to others with the car on

·
Registered
228 Posts
there really that much clutch chatter? dam :/ has anyone installed a clutch without THIS much... i wouldn't mind a little chatter but not so much that i have trouble speaking to others with the car on
There is, you don't notice it in the car to much with the windows up or the radio on. But if you go to order a cheeseburger or something through the drive through I would suggest you hold in the clutch pedal. In is only when the trans get hot though normal driving doesn't get to loud or in the cooler month I don't hear it much. But a hot summer night after a long drive or a little track time and yeah it is. I suppose I could find a thicker fluid or something to run in the summer but it hasn't really been worth the work to do it. Anything else with this clutch and I would swear by it. I love the way it drives!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi to everyone

I need some advice on getting a fly wheel and a clutch ...the hyundai wants $5000 dollars and i dont have that kind of money and i dont know what for if it is peace of Sh.. parts
Ok maybe I did abused last weekend maybe not idk but i had some issues shifting in the past too.
So i called my old friend mechanic to find me a parts and to find out the pricing on it .
I also checked the website SPEC Clutches & Flywheels: Auto Parts, Domestic, Import, Truck, Racing, Drifting :: Home but im not expert on these things so im asking for advice what and where should i buy .

Thank u

2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium
40000 miles on it

·
Premium Member
3,203 Posts
Hi to everyone

I need some advice on getting a fly wheel and a clutch ...the hyundai wants $5000 dollars and i dont have that kind of money and i dont know what for if it is peace of Sh.. parts
Ok maybe I did abused last weekend maybe not idk but i had some issues shifting in the past too.
So i called my old friend mechanic to find me a parts and to find out the pricing on it .
I also checked the website SPEC Clutches & Flywheels: Auto Parts, Domestic, Import, Truck, Racing, Drifting :: Home but im not expert on these things so im asking for advice what and where should i buy .

Thank u

2010 Genesis Coupe 2.0T Premium
40000 miles on it
Don't go near SPEC for our car. Call up the guys from Beyond Redline and tell them you want a competition clutch kit, probably stage 2 or 3, you can discuss your current mods if any or future plans and get the right clutch for your needs.
Comes with flywheel and all needed stuff for under 1k

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you

Also i dont know why Hyundai does not wanna cover the replacement i got manufacture warranty and extended powertrain warranty (trough premier )
Well the say it was a abuse and the wont cover it but i did have issues in the past with shifting but i tought it was me not pushing the clutch all the way but its not sometimes it makes noise too even if I push it all the way.
I called the warranty company but the never heard from the dealer and there was no claim filed maybe because they went trough manufacture warranty not premier .But should'n they have even try to file a claim or they did not try cause they know the premier wont cover it trough the "abuse"
I called the premier and they r going to send a adjuster to look at the problem
Do i have any chance here guys to win this can they tell its a abuse ?
Plus when i told the hyundai i dont wanna fix it now the wanna charge me $400 for disassembling parts.
I dont know what to say about this Hyundai they r piss... me off
Should i fight this anybody had a same issue ?
Please some advice maybe i can avoid buying out of pocket parts and paying for the labor somewhere else .

Thank u

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
I just bought a CC stage 3 clutch from PWR, my question is with the lightweight flywheel i thought it was gonna be awesome but i've talked to a few people in my area that have hard turbo cars with lightweight flywheels and they said i should stay with the heavier flywheel because of inertia and the driving/ racing characteristics, does anyone have any input on whether they like the CC lightweight flywheel or if they wished they had stayed with stock..?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.