Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Jedi Master
6,461 Posts
What stage would I need for a DD and traffic? My car will not see over 350whp. Just looked around and couldnt find any info about that.
stageX... no but really hp isn't the problem tq is... are you going to get big turbo and have good top end power and low tq, or small turbo high low end tq and low top end hp

·
Knows some stuff...
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Why can no one read and continues to ask question in an information thread only, a reference thread, not an opinion or question asking thread?

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Thanks for the post

Hey so I guess I will update this because I probably one of the higher mile coupe drivers on here. I bought my coupe in Aug of 09 and within a few months of owning it had the BR 20lbs reflash on it 24/7 Never raced or tracked it but the OEM setup was slipping really bad in 4, 5, and 6 with about 21K miles on the odometer. From past experience in daily and light track use I decided I wouldn't go back to a puck style clutch because they just wear out way to fast on the street for DD and getting stuck in traffic. I picked the Clutchmaster stage II unit with flywheel and could not be happier. Currently I am putting down about 275tq and drive it every day without a single issue. I have 60K miles on my ride now and in the last 40K miles on the stage 2 unit it feels like day one. Peddle feel is like stock, always holds and never sticks! If I was to have a complaint it would be the clutch chatter if you are unfamiliar with aftermarket clutches this might not make sense to you but this clutch chatters like no other!!! Very load almost thought something was wrong the first few months it was installed even had it inspected but after talking to a few others with the same setup and clutch master they say that is just how it is. In the winter and cold it isn't to bad but a hot summer night after a long drive or a little time and the track and you pull up next to a buddy in the car next to you and roll down the window to chat you will either need to keep the clutch peddle held in or shut you car off because you wont be able to hear what they are saying LOL. Soon I will be adding a whole new power setup to the car with probably another 20% power increase so I will see how long it holds up and will update this and I start looking 100K miles in the face in the next year or so.

If this helps anyone awesome if not sorry for making you read it all. :)
Helped me out

61 - 64 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.