Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys here are my upcoming mods:

BR PA 93 oct Reflash
Primary & Secondary Cat delete
Magnaflow Axleback
G&M SRI

I drive my car daily in stop and go traffic. I do the occasional "spirited" driving but no track time or anything of that sort. The most torque this car will ever see would be around 300. My question is will the Clutchmasters FX200 clutch be enough clutch for the Tq numbers i will have? I want enough clutch to hold that torque for a long time but i dont want to buy TOO MUCH clutch and have a very stiff and chatter-ey clutch on my Daily.

On every other car i have delt with the stage 3 and beyond are reserved for those making a ridiculous amount of power so thats why it has me wondering why everyone i see around here is running a stage 3 clutch?

Clutchmaster's advertises a 70% increase in holding capacity over stock. With the stock clutch holding around 250-275 wtq, then that would mean the FX200 would hold 425-450 wtq. With only having 300 wtq i would think the FX200 would be plenty of clutch and have a long life expectancy with my driving habits.

·
Sex Machine
1,514 Posts
People that have or is gonna buy a stage 3 like myself, is because for insurance reasons. U never know when ur gonna add more power and when we finally do, it's nice to know we have a clutch that will hold it... Unlike the stock clutch which surprised us all on how weak it was.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
yes it is plenty.

clutches are rated in torque not power. (power is simply a measure of torque over time)
THere arent many turbos that you could run on a 2 liter engine that will put down 400ft of torque.

Matter of fact Stage 1 is plenty for 90% of the people on this board

·
Registered
246 Posts
what about flywheel? does cm offers fw together? or can I use spec lightweight fw with cm stage 1 clutch?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what about flywheel? does cm offers fw together? or can I use spec lightweight fw with cm stage 1 clutch?

Not sure on how much power you plan on making. But i plan on only making around 300 wtq so i am keeping the factory dmf. I might decide to make a little more than 300 down the road but like you guys have said i think the fx200 will be plenty

·
Registered
246 Posts
spec stuff works with spec only.

I still have my stock DMF with my CM clutch
Ok thanks for info. you don't have any issues running stock DMF with CM clutch? how long have you been driving that way?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts