Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
14.3 @ 96 - Stage 1
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was thinking, budget catback
CNT exhaust is about $300 bucks
and the gc tuner oval tips are pure sex. as we know the cnt tips are just downright hideous so thats where the gc tuner tips come in to play..

what do you all think of this?

CNT Exhaust

GCtuner Tips

·
301 whp
1,102 Posts
Tips do not matter as much as how the exhaust will sound and perform. Sexy tips mean nothing if the exhaust sucks. There is a reason why it is only 300 bucks.

·
14.3 @ 96 - Stage 1
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is there a reason, i mean it is 3in correct? i cant find any reviews on the 2.0 ...

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
There's something that bugs me about a performance exhaust with dual outlets with only one muffler. I don't see why a performance exhaust would have a 180 degree bend right before the muffler either, everyone is always talking about how the more "straight through" an exhaust is with less bends/restrictions being better. Especially on a turbo charged engine.

I don't really know anything about this stuff from an engineering standpoint but from what I'm reading this seems to go against all the rules. As to it being only $300 that might be a good thing because it could almost be considered a disposable system, meaning if it rusted out in a year you could replace it 2 more times before spending as much as some of the other CBEs.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
be careful with the CNT. i have one and have recently discovered alot of cracked welds. nothing terrible, but definitly not top quality. i'm gonna call them on monday to discuss.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Looks bad and the can looks cheap, reminds me of those 3aracing racing fart cans pepboys sells. Packing inside will burns out in a few months and welds rust and crack eventually. Those tips are worst than a kick to the nuts. To replace them you need two 90deg mandrel bends plus the tips plus the cost of labor to do this. You might spend way more than just $300...

·
301 whp
1,102 Posts
The OEM exhaust for the 2.0 is actually not that bad, just more quiet than most people want. If you don't want to spend for one of the proven quality systems, then I agree with the earlier post. Take the 300 and go custom with the tips you want.

·
Banned
3,068 Posts
Looks bad and the can looks cheap, reminds me of those 3aracing racing fart cans pepboys sells. Packing inside will burns out in a few months and welds rust and crack eventually. Those tips are worst than a kick to the nuts. To replace them you need two 90deg mandrel bends plus the tips plus the cost of labor to do this. You might spend way more than just $300...
Which tips?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
i m going to have a custom magnaflow setup which is decently loud i ll sell the cat back since i took off the resonator. it has stock tips on it but i ll probably sell it 300 shipped. if you go to the mega meet you can hear what it sounds like

·
14.3 @ 96 - Stage 1
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i m going to have a custom magnaflow setup which is decently loud i ll sell the cat back since i took off the resonator. it has stock tips on it but i ll probably sell it 300 shipped. if you go to the mega meet you can hear what it sounds like
sell me the mangaflow?

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
DC Sports is the way to go in this circumstance. That CNT can does look a bit on the cheap side. Not good.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
it is cheap. that's why i tested it. and less than a year later it's cracked. does no one listen? it's repairable, and it doesn't sound bad, plus i made decent power on it. but be aware of what you're buying. i haven't heard complaints from anyone else, but i know mine has weld defects.

it gets the job done if you want some extra tone and a little more power. but the overall quality is lacking. piping has held up so far tho. hasn't even turned yet.

·
Gooood! GOOOOOD!
6,450 Posts
^^ That's why you don't buy cheap exhaust systems like the CNT. :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
a good 3 inch system in my opinion based on my results is the way to go. nothing wrong with duals but in the case of my car i had better results.

due to the defects i now have a good reason to do a single exit other than just wanting to.

·
14.3 @ 96 - Stage 1
8,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thats why i was looking @ the CNT and was like hey, its 3in.. it cant be bad, but if the QUALITY is cracking, ect..

1 - 20 of 57 Posts