Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
kwrspec
187 Posts
I need a feedback on this exhaust. does anyone know how this exhaust is? im having hard time looking for how the exhaust sounds. anyone know if this is good?

or is there anything better that has about the same price and that sounds good?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
i don't normally do this but SEARCH.
using CNT as a keyword will provide alot of info that should help.

·
Registered
36 Posts
CNT makes stuff for the Speed3's Seen and heard their stuff very nice, The MS3 kit is looks like the HKS

Better pic

·
Use the F'n Search Button
4,280 Posts
There has to be a reason why this one is so much cheaper than anything else on the market...

Because they don't mark up the cost as much?

You'd be sick to see how cheap materials actually are. Stainless, Aluminum, etc.. doesn't matter. As a Manufacturing Engineer, I would get steel straight from the supplier very cheaply. The price increase covers "R&D", "labor", and "profit". The last three are completely dependent on the company.

A lot of companies spit out quality products much cheaper. Instead of makes a lot of money off of one product, the company tries to take over the market, and make a little money over a large quantity. Supply/Demand 101.

Also, a lot of companies will do nothing but add a logo, or something, and justify a price increase on just that.

Personally, I would give a rats ass what an exhaust looked like. It's under the car, you don't look at it all day. Get the tips you want, and as long as the performance is good, and it's strong enough to resist corrosion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Because they don't mark up the cost as much?

You'd be sick to see how cheap materials actually are. Stainless, Aluminum, etc.. doesn't matter. As a Manufacturing Engineer, I would get steel straight from the supplier very cheaply. The price increase covers "R&D", "labor", and "profit". The last three are completely dependent on the company.

A lot of companies spit out quality products much cheaper. Instead of makes a lot of money off of one product, the company tries to take over the market, and make a little money over a large quantity. Supply/Demand 101.

Also, a lot of companies will do nothing but add a logo, or something, and justify a price increase on just that.

Personally, I would give a rats ass what an exhaust looked like. It's under the car, you don't look at it all day. Get the tips you want, and as long as the performance is good, and it's strong enough to resist corrosion.
exactly.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I have one brand in the box for 3.8 , I kow 3 things on this catback.
The welds may need to be reenforced, it will increase mid HP , decrese HP at above 5500RPM, the fittings need to be adjusted. its got pretty decent review on other forums, I do agree , we are paying more for the name than what it actually it does. I am going to try another mufferler system from Korea first , if the system is not to my liking I will try CNT a shot.:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts