Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 140 of 167 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yes please for the 2.0t

The V6 might be difficult to tune since it's a completly different ecu and coding
Yes please for the 3.8.

The 2.0t might be difficult to tune since it's a completely different ecu and coding. :p

P.S. Does Cobb even know about this thread?

·
Registered
440 Posts
I thought someone posted a few months ago that Cobb had no intentions of making one for the coupe?

·
Registered
331 Posts
+1 for 2.0T. I ave one for my Si and it worked wonders! Of course on a N/A the gains were great, however in a boosted vehicle we should see more!
Please Help us tune our GC's :bowdown:

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think its just hard for a company to come into a new car platform right now especially in this economy. But I think if Cobb comes over to the Gen coupe they could dominate the tuning platform for this car.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I think its just hard for a company to come into a new car platform right now especially in this economy. But I think if Cobb comes over to the Gen coupe they could dominate the tuning platform for this car.

I agree, just look what they've done for the WRX.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Also I think its that there aren't many companies who specialize in Korean sports cars so its also alot of development on cracking the Hyundai ECU's. But I am sure they could sell 20-50 cobb units in the first few months if they came out with it.

·
Master Member #518
2,754 Posts
Also I think its that there aren't many companies who specialize in Korean sports cars so its also alot of development on cracking the Hyundai ECU's. But I am sure they could sell 20-50 cobb units in the first few months if they came out with it.
Yeah, because Korean sports cars for the masses just came into existence, less than a year ago.

·
Registered
145 Posts
We had to wait Almost 2 years to get the accessport for the speed6. But now it's out and it kicks ass. All good things come to those who wait and all that. ;)

·
475whp 93/545whp Q16 SAE
1,096 Posts
As stated before, Cobb has no intentions at this point of releasing an AccessPort for the Genesis Coupe (from their mouths directly) FYI.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Is anyone interested in the Cobb Tuning Accessport for the GC?

I have always been a Subaru guy (had 3 STi's and all modded) and have ALWAYS used the Accessport for tuning. In my opinion, it is one of the BEST systems to use. You can control just as much as a standalone can but using your OEM ECU.

If anyone isnt familiar with this, here is a some info from Cobb:

CobbTuning.com - AccessPORT

I must admit, I LOVE this system and its the best bang for the buck. Catless downpipe? No problem, CEL turned off and AF and stock boost solenoid tuned! Turbo and injector upgrade? No issues just tune it! Cams installed? Sure why not! Its awesome! FREE preloaded maps for Stage 1 and 2 and they can even offer reasonable tuning prices by just sending a data log on what you have done to the car.

Now, if this sounds good to you guys, maybe we can start some sort of petition to get Cobb to work on it for us! They have Mazda, Infiniti/Nissan, Subaru, Mitsu, and even Honda so the experience with all sorts of motors is there! A friend of mine was a Cobb beta tester for the new Civic Si and he made more power with that than all sorts of other stuff he tried!

I guess they dont know how much we are hurting for a real tuning solution and I guess they dont know the GC has been selling as well as it is!

Anyone want in on this? I know I do, I've used it for years and I'd use this over standalone or even an e-manage or even a regular interceptor/piggy back!

Who is in for a web petition?

·
Registered
879 Posts
Why in the hell didnt Google show this? I've searched for this like crazy!

·
Alberta Genesis Club
4,135 Posts
Google is less than perfect. :)

Searching here is a pretty good bet, as often times a quick search here will turn up plenty of information, but of course unless you use the right terms you are screwed. :)

·
Registered
879 Posts
No update on this as of yet?! Its been 4 months since the last post! I started a new one not knowing this existed.

121 - 140 of 167 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.