Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I’ve been noticing a loss of power and I came across code p2261. I have no mods other then a cat back exhaust. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,767 Posts
Mechanical issue with the BOV.

P2261 Turbocharger/Supercharger Bypass Valve - Mechanical
P2263 Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost System Performance

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,767 Posts
Maybe. It there is something wrong with the BOV physically then the bypass won't help. What BOV do you have? How many miles?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the stock BOV and I have 72531 miles. I bought the forge BOV thinking it was going to fix the problem but It kept making PHHHSS sounds like the BOV was stuck open whenever I accelerated. So I just went back to the stock one.

·
Premium Member
15,356 Posts
Bypassing the solenoid won't fix the CEL issue, but it will fix the power loss issue.

I would replace the bpv solenoid, or just bypass it.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,767 Posts
I have the stock BOV and I have 72531 miles. I bought the forge BOV thinking it was going to fix the problem but It kept making PHHHSS sounds like the BOV was stuck open whenever I accelerated. So I just went back to the stock one.
That sounds like the spring was not right. I use the yellow spring and a shim and get 21 psi max.

·
Registered
1 Posts
bump! I'm getting same code stock 2010 genni with brand new Genracer recirc valve and still getting p2261. please help

1 - 12 of 12 Posts