Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've come to recently find out that coil bind can make all sorts of different sounds...anything from your typical twang, to creaks, clunking, thunking, you name it, it can probably make your car sound like its falling apart. Anyway I just bought and installed a set of Stance Sealed Roller Bearing Spring Seats from genracer and installed them on my HSD coilovers. Thankfully Stance and HSD use the same sized springs and top mounting shaft diameter.

And while it is a huge improvement already, I am still having binding on the passenger side coil. I reduced my preload to just as tight as I could get it by hand and am still having the issue. Has anyone else ran these spring perches? Do the just take a little while to break in? I did take a 200 mi road trip right after installing them and they still bind. This was only on Friday (4/14) and its now only Monday (4/17). I really like the design of the perches as it seems to be the best engineered bearing spring perch on the market. However if these don't end up working I'm going to try the fortune auto bearing perches even though I think its a bad design (ball bearings are not good at thrust loading). If that then doesn't work I will probably have custom thrust bearing perches machined.

But if anyone has experience with these stance perches let me know!

PS. If you don't know which ones I'm talking about here's a pic of what they look like:

·
barely turns a wrench
509 Posts
any update?

i have S/T coilovers and they annoy the s**it out of me. Since day one i've had binding issues while stationary or at low speed of like less than MPH. Noise usually occurs when parking the car or something.

I wonder what thrust bearings fit mine

·
Registered
Red 2012 3.8 Track
6 Posts
any update?

i have S/T coilovers and they annoy the s**it out of me. Since day one i've had binding issues while stationary or at low speed of like less than MPH. Noise usually occurs when parking the car or something.

I have the S/T coilovers as well and I like them in every way except for the coil binding issue. Does anyone know how to find the correct sized thrust bearing to use?

·
Registered
Red 2012 3.8 Track
6 Posts
any update?

I finally heard back from KW/ST. It’s not mentioned in the instructions, but the ST Suspension coilover kit requires you to reuse the factory top mounts/strut bearings. I dunno if you did this or not, but I’m going to put new ones in and see what happens. I’ll keep you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts