Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few install videos and noticed the rear coils are separate from the shock. Have there been any instances where someone just installed a coilover how they normally go on most other cars? I watched one video of a guy doing so on an older mustang but was wondering would that be safe to do on a Genesis.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is posted in the wrong section; next time please post questions in the appropriate section. The DIY section is for people to post their guides.

As for your question, what are you asking? Because if what Im understanding, most coils on the market for the Gen is going to be a separate shock and spring setup. The only brand that sells that I am aware of that sells a true rear coilover is PBM; which is what I have. If you want a true rear coil, then go with PBM. High quality, and good warranty. If you want to run a separate shock and spring setup, BC, HSD, Fortune Auto are your best bet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry man I'm new to the board and just got a Genesis about 3 weeks ago forgive my newb ways. Anyway since we are here already. Is there a benefit to having them separate vs traditional true coilover style?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts