Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I'm in the market for coilovers and I'm leaning towards ARKs STPs or even the Stance coilover system. In my quest for getting the right set-up, I have not seen or read any problems with folks that have coilovers with having any issues with adjusting the cambers front or rear. However, I have noticed companies like Megan whos front coilovers have camber adjustability from the top of the perch. This seems like and awesome set-up for the end user but nothing noted for rear camber adjustments. From all the reading I've done, it appears that there are no issues with any camber alignments from any coilover company.

I figure whatever I buy, I will not run into any issues once I lower the car for negative camber adjustments. I'm sure after a inch drop, I would probably be getting some more than factory negative camber, I just don't want to much; prolly 1.5 degree negative camber max. My question then is what are most of you running on a soft slam as far as negative camber is concerned. What I don't want to happen is if I buy a set of coilovers and I can't do positive camber adjustments past 1.5 negative camber. I know their is negative camber from the factory and I'm fine with that. I really would like to keep the same negative camber setting as the factory set-up if able once I drop the car.

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
The car comes with +or- 3.5 deg of camber stock so the coilovers have no need for camber adjustment in the rear. In the frontvyou can either get a set with camber plates (which are a pain in the ass to adjust on the car) or get camber bolts. I have stance gr+ and love them.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car comes with +or- 3.5 deg of camber stock so the coilovers have no need for camber adjustment in the rear. In the frontvyou can either get a set with camber plates (which are a pain in the ass to adjust on the car) or get camber bolts. I have stance gr+ and love them.
Kamkaze, just so I get this right. Are you telling me the car in the track package already has a 3 degree of + or - camber adjustment from the factory? I highly doubt that I'm sporting that much camber especially in the negative aspect front or rear. Just need you to clear that up for me that you meant that is the total camber adjustment both postively and negatively?

So you bought the camber bolts along with your Stand Coilovers then? Thanks for the input

·
Short Bus Driver
1,345 Posts
He is talking about +/- 3.5 degrees of adjustability in the rear suspension from the factory. Don't think this is specific to the track models, either.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
Yes you can adjust the rear camber a total of 3.5 degrees on all the coupes, not just the track, straight from the factory. Yes I added camber bolts in the front, I found it easier to adjust camber with them, instead of through the tiny holes Hyundai made in the strut towers.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have BC coilovers and they have top mount camber adjustment in the front, I love them, very easy

like stated above, there are camber bolts in the rear from the factory

·
3.8 gt
156 Posts
I have BC coilovers and they have top mount camber adjustment in the front, I love them, very easy

like stated above, there are camber bolts in the rear from the factory
quick question on your BCs when you change the rear height do you adjust the spring and the strut or just the strut?? and how do you calculate how much to move each one since they have different thread lengths? thanks i just got them yesterday and im trying to learn about them haha

·
'11 R-SPEC & '95 S14
205 Posts
Whenever I adjust my coils I just use a tape measure and measure from the ground to the top of the wheel well. Thats how my pops taught me when I was like 14 and it just stuck lol.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep, the good ole' tape measure is what I use when adjusting the ride height. You can get really close and most aftermarket companies will be adjusted evenly from the factory with a soft drop. Since I want a clean drop; not slammed, I figure I can keep very close to the factory camber adjustments which I'm presuming to be very close to -1 or so. Thanks for all the inputs guys

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You have a wide range of adjustability w/ the Stances (and likely the others I just have no experience w/ them). You can go extreme negative to like way positive.

You can adjust thru the use of camber bolts but also the slotted bolt holes.

·
Flame Thrower
1,124 Posts
Neotech le=sexy times. Check the spring rates that best suites your driving needs when deciding which to get. This is my second Genny and second set of neotechs and both perform beautifully. No popping/strange noises and is superior quality.

·
Banned
3,068 Posts
Neotech le=sexy times. Check the spring rates that best suites your driving needs when deciding which to get. This is my second Genny and second set of neotechs and both perform beautifully. No popping/strange noises and is superior quality.
^^^^Neotechs FTW!:bowdown:

Too bad they are only available from one vendor:squint::sad:

·
^ You Gotta PAY to PLAY ^
812 Posts
/threadjack

i was wondering if somebody would be kind enough to tell me how to adjust

rear camber? do i need camber bolts? i'm on stance GR's

need to know asap, my fenders are getting pulled tomorrow

i wouldn't want to pull too far off...

help please... XOXO :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts