Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this winter has been terrible and almost over, starting to look around for suspension. The problem is with my gen being my daily and the snow and salt in the winter im not sure what to do. Dont want to have coils seize and dont want to have springs mess up my struts either. I know coil overs help. but for spending a decent amount on coils woulnt want them to seize up on my car either next winter. So im kind of at a loss looking for any advice anyone has! Thanks!:smile:

·
Registered
166 Posts
So this winter has been terrible and almost over, starting to look around for suspension. The problem is with my gen being my daily and the snow and salt in the winter im not sure what to do. Dont want to have coils seize and dont want to have springs mess up my struts either. I know coil overs help. but for spending a decent amount on coils woulnt want them to seize up on my car either next winter. So im kind of at a loss looking for any advice anyone has! Thanks!:smile:
You could ride on coilovers in the summer and swap back to stock suspension in the winter. Keeps your coilovers nice and gives you your stock ride height back for the snow.
That is my plan.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could ride on coilovers in the summer and swap back to stock suspension in the winter. Keeps your coilovers nice and gives you your stock ride height back for the snow.
That is my plan.
that is wayyy too much work lol, i dont really have time like that lol

·
My mistress is a GC!!
1,053 Posts
May I suggest the HSD coilovers?
There are Canadian coupe owners who swear by these as they drive in the same condition as you.
The HSD can be heights adjusted without having a hassle of swapping in and out with other stock suspensions.
I have had these on mine over two years now.
Since I live in the South (Texas) so naturally I don't have to worry about dealing with snow like yourself.
Here is the HSD review FYI.

·
Banned
2,200 Posts
I would personally recommend running coilovers... It really will be your best option.

Additionally, once you've done the install you can swap back in forth within probably an hour or so.

If you DON'T want to go through the hassle of uninstall, reinstall. You could always look for a set of these:

These are coilover covers and are meant specifically for the conditions such as your own.

Obviously the brand of coilovers you're interested in are up to you and their are plenty.

Let us know if we can help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts