Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

Which Halogen fogs should I get to match my DD 4300K HIDs?

• Philips Crystalvision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Philips Diamondvision

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other Halogen

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm sorry if this is somewhere else on the forum. I have been looking and have not found it anywhere. I have the Dynamic Diodes 4300K HID kit for my low beams and they work great now that I put in a relay (Thanks guys at Dynamic Diodes for the help!). I'm looking to swap out my fogs and before anyone suggests HIDs, I really don't want to do that at least at this point. I don't really use my fogs for practical purposes so really just looking for them to match the color as close as possible to my HIDs. Right now, I'm considering Philips Crystalvision and Diamondvision bulbs but have found mixed reviews about their actual color. Anyone have any suggestions or input? Thanks!

·
Mature Speeder
717 Posts
I always like my fogs to be yellow, either by laminX or by the bulb. The contrast at night really help is bad weather. The factory HID's are probably closer to 5k than they are 4300. I had high quality 6k on my sonata and the color was very close our stock.

The light from 5k and above doesn't offer the contrast and/or depth perception like the 4k and below halogens. When I was in law enforcement there was an unwritten rule that if your searching a car for drugs or weapons you don't use an LED flashlight. Reason is the LED is in the 5k and up range and you will miss fine details and contrasts. Use a halogen light and the contours and color differences pop out so you can see hidden compartments and freshly painted areas.

The same concept applies on the road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts