·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Genesis owners here in Co?

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts
I just bought my coupe last week; 2.0T Track in silver. I'm on the north side of Denver.

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts
It supposed to be a pretty nice day in the Metro tomorrow, any of you guys interested in meeting up? Looks like most of you are down south so we could do it down there someplace.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just picked up my Silver 3.8 GT this past Saturday. I absolutely love this car.

I'm halfway between Denver and Fort Morgan on I-76.

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
Just bought mine last week. I'm in Aurora/Centennial (southeast denver). I might be moving up near boulder though, just got a new job. You'll be able to catch me at some of the denver autocrosses though. :D

EDIT: oh yeah, black 2.0T r-spec.

·
Premium Member
76,154 Posts
Although I am not a resident of Colorado anymore Im a Colorado native! Maybe if you guys have a meet I can make it up there.

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts
Although I am not a resident of Colorado anymore Im a Colorado native! Maybe if you guys have a meet I can make it up there.
I'd love to have a meet or some sort of get together up here. Sounds like most people are down on the south side of town so we could do it down there.

·
Midlife Crisis Consultant
270 Posts
I believe I may have been the first Genny owner in WY, and maybe the only registered in WY. So CO is looking alot closer than the rest of the state. Anything planned in 2010?

·
1,525 Posts
So I've spotted 4 GC's in colorado, one i know for sure is a member here.

LR Green std. model in Parker (member)

Blue std. model in Fort Collins

Blue, not sure what model, in Aurora (225 and parker rd)

NS Gray, not sure what model, in Centennial (Parker rd and chambers rd)

Anyone hang around these areas? I always wave, but I doubt most people see the wave. Most sightings have come and gone very quickly.

·
Pillager's alter ego!
325 Posts
I believe I may have been the first Genny owner in WY, and maybe the only registered in WY. So CO is looking alot closer than the rest of the state. Anything planned in 2010?
Nothing I am aware of but I would be up for something.

So I've spotted 4 GC's in colorado, one i know for sure is a member here.

LR Green std. model in Parker (member)

Blue std. model in Fort Collins

Blue, not sure what model, in Aurora (225 and parker rd)

NS Gray, not sure what model, in Centennial (Parker rd and chambers rd)

Anyone hang around these areas? I always wave, but I doubt most people see the wave. Most sightings have come and gone very quickly.
No, I usually stay around the north side of Denver.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I usually stay in the Thornton, Westminster, Brighton areas. Maybe we should all make a showing at the Pikes Peak Hill Climb next year? I think Mr. Millen will have got the bugs worked out of the car by then.

·
Midlife Crisis Consultant
270 Posts
I agree. I miss out this year on the hill climb. this was the last one i think that was run on gravel. The rest of the road had till the end of this year to be paved. I was really lookin forward to seeing the RMR car in person.

·
Yay RWD!
307 Posts
Hey guys! I currently have a 13 second S/C Tiburon I may be selling to my buddy and buying a Gen. I want the V6 and manual tranny but I'm pretty sure I can only afford the base model. My questions are should I wait until the next model year because there's something new/more power/features I should be aware of coming out? Should I get the 2010 model after the 11s come out because the price will drop? Is it worth spending the extra few thousand on the GT or Track? I'm almost certain I couldn't afford the track but is the GT really worth springing for? Does anyone know someone at a dealership willing to give me a deal for being a friend of a friend or a veteran or student? (lol always gotta ask about that last part!) THANKS GUYS and hope to be rolling with you all soon in Mirabeau Blue if I have my way!

·
1,525 Posts
We can't really tell you what to buy, it's really up to you. You ask if the track/rspec packages are worth it... Depends on what you want. I wanted to be fast in the corners and in the straights, so I got the r-spec. I didn't like the leather, or the sunroof, didn't need HID's, so why get the track?

You have a 13 second tiburon, so it sounds like you like going fast in a straight line. If that's the case the base V6 should do you fine. I'd test drive the V6 and the turbo one evening back to back. I say evening, because in the heat of the day, that turbo will be heat soaked, but I can't imagine that the V6 is *that* much quicker with all this altitude. And if it is, and you like going fast straight, you should look at the mustang V6, which is only .2 seconds slower than last year's V8 GT and gets something like 36mpg because of selective cylinder shutdown. If you stick with the genesis, realize with a reflash and an exhaust you could be pushing 290 ft-lbs of torque and 240hp. If you're a fan of stop light racing and in town cruising torque is what matters. If you like romping on the highway, horsepower matters. So for $1200 or so you can match the V6 torque performance. But you can't match its sound. I'll admit the V6 sounds heavenly. I do love my beyond redline catback though... I floor it through every tunnel and overpass I can.... sorry tangent...

Now! if you want to do the sport suspension and enjoy what makes this car really stand apart from the other 20k two doors, I would highly encourage you to step into a track or rspec turbo. Though, if you want blue, you'd have to go track (which puts you right below the cost of the v6 base). With that said, the turbo track is going away in 2011. The 2011 models will have an "upgraded interior" replacing some of the dense plastic in the interior with a soft touch vinyl, and the steering wheel will be wrapped in a different leather. The silver interior accents have been switched to a dark metal grain.

Again, your decision on what you feel is important. If you want to PM me I'll tell you where I bought mine, I paid 22,800 for my rspec after taxes were added in. So I got the car for close to 20k, and they have quite a few genesis coupes on the lot. Good luck!

·
Yay RWD!
307 Posts
Thank you SOOO much for the detailed and helpful response (aside from trying to convince me to get a d*** Ford...)! So I went to Arapahoe Hyundai today to wait for traffic on I-25 to die down, and they have a GORGEOUS yellow 3.8 Track M/T. Test drove it and I gotta say, I'm gonna miss my supercharged Tib! The Gen seemed to match it on low end torque, but then for some reason seemed to fall of at 3.5k rpms! I've never seen a car, especially N/A, LOSE torque higher in its power band... Don't get me wrong, I still want it like a baby wants the tit, but I'm already in talks with Jattus about prototyping a twin turbo kit on it to help me not need rehab for high end torque withdrawal.
My question about is it worth it to get the upgraded models I guess was vague since I didn't really specify what I want... You're right, I LOVE going fast in a straight line. But being a long time Camaro driver before my Tiburon, I am REALLY missing RWD. I want a car that I could have as much fun at high plains raceway, or an autocross or drift event, as I do at Bandimere. So basically my question is, are the Brembo brakes and upgraded suspension in the track worth it, when I am a modder anyway. Am I just gonna end up getting coilovers and new drilled and slotted brakes anyway and waste the extra money on the track package, or is it a keeper? I did test drive the car, but Arapahoe road is hardly the Nurburgring when it comes to testing performance ya know? lol So thanks for your help so far and I hope you might have further input knowing now more about what I'm looking for. Great handling from right off the lot so all I have to upgrade is power basically. THANKS!

1 - 20 of 1417 Posts