Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is in the right section cuz I usually just lurk here

So I understand that our engines are relatively high compression, 11.5:1 right. That means in boosted applications, it doesn't take that much PSI of boost to make some serious power. My question is, if that's the case, does it make sense to keep the stock compression ratio when building a 3.8 for big turbo power because then you only have to spool the thing to let's say 8psi as opposed to like 13psi? Essentially having less turbo lag.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Not sure if this is in the right section cuz I usually just lurk here

So I understand that our engines are relatively high compression, 11.5:1 right. That means in boosted applications, it doesn't take that much PSI of boost to make some serious power. My question is, if that's the case, does it make sense to keep the stock compression ratio when building a 3.8 for big turbo power because then you only have to spool the thing to let's say 8psi as opposed to like 13psi? Essentially having less turbo lag.

You are correct, but to do that you must have adequate fueling. By that I mean High octane fuel ALL of the time. If you dont you will predet, pop the rings most likely and then blame the Turbo kit maker or tuner.

I do have zero lag,............its great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts