Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Folks,

Well after a solid month of research, I was finally able to pick and choose the right wheels that meets all 4 of my specific requirements: Appearance, weight, fit and finish, and durability.

I went with Concept One RS8 Hypersilvers
Front: 19x8.5x18mm Offset
Rear: 19x10.5x25mm Offset

Tires I chose: Hankook V12s
Front: 245/35/19
Rears: 285/35/19
Location of Purchase: Element Wheels (about $1150; awesome company and prices)

Weights (Wheels): I saved about 10lbs overall from the factory 19s
Front: 25.2lbs
Rear: 26.8lbs

Anyway, I was really worried initially with the offsets, but after the great assitance from members on this forum and seeing so many others with similiar or more aggressive offsets, I'm happy to report a perfect fit and they look pretty damn sexy if I say so myself. Now time for some coilovers with a soft drop and it should tie it all in perfectly. It actually looks pretty good darn good on the track suspension.

Funny thing is, it was pouring down rain here in Georgetown Texas and after the install, I took the car out of the shop and onto the street. The tires where spinning all over the place, rear end kicking out, TC going off like a madman and of course my ass punkered up like nobodies business. I thought WTF!!! Well I suddenly realized all new tires come soaked in lubrication products for preservation purposes. So that mixed with massive amounts of rain water turned the tires into slicks. I then decided to putt around town for awhile and the slippery feeling of the tires eventually wore away and after 150 miles, the tires are hooking up nicely; it's still raining and the tires have been working flawlessly in the rain with ZERO hydroplaning to report. The ride on the V12s is a far cry better than the Potenza RE11s; those tires were like riding on brick especially in the cold, but in the heat, I don't think there is tire that out handles them. I took a trade-off in that department for price reasons and the fact most of my driving falls in normal relms of sprited driving, but I'm confident the Hankooks will do what I want them to do. They are also much quieter which is great.

The true test will be when it warms up. more to follow. Here are some pics; sorry no sun, just rain to take pics in. I will post more when the sun comes out. Enjoy

·
4th color - 4th wheels
8,829 Posts
They look really nice!

and lol I recognized that as being Texas before you mentioned you were in Georgetown

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oops, it changed the look of the car and to me looks so much more aggressive. I'm totally digging the style. I would like to drop the front a little bit. I was looking into some megans or stances and then go from there.

·
Banned
2,327 Posts
Looks good. Not super aggresive, but I think it fits the car well. Definitelt a huge improvement over the factory wheels. I would love a polished lip on my wheels, but I rarely take the time to wash my car let alone polish wheels to keep them looking nice.

With a drop you'll be set.

·
3.5L TT but wrong body
12,003 Posts
Looks good man. If you happen to see another silver GC but with black wheels around town, that's me. Im in Georgetown once or twice a week but always up and down I35 and Mopac all day long.

They look really nice!

and lol I recognized that as being Texas before you mentioned you were in Georgetown
X2. I was looking at the pics, without having read the post, going "man that looks like a Central Texas neighborhood".

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts
Perfect example that non-stretched looks just as good :D Great choice in wheels, very different from what most folks are running. And I think they show off the brembos nicely.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
New Pictures (Clean Car and Great Weather)

Thanks alot folks. I totally agree with comments made specifically with going a different route with style and not going stretched. The weather cleared up and I have been enjoying the warmer weather. The Hankooks DEFINITELY give a better more cushy ride and handle just fine in the twisties we have in the back roads here in Florence. Only time will tell with wear and everything. I just detailed the car, polished the rims and armored-alld the tires.

Crooked, hopefully I will see you in and around Georgetown, I will look for your ride bro.

Okay now for some good pictures (Well good as they are using an I-Phone)

·
The OG
7,957 Posts
Excellent choice in tires my friend. Pretty solid offsets as well. Get a drop like you mentioned, and you're set.

Just a FYI: our stock tires are RE050As, not RE11s. The RE11s are awesome tires.

·
Registered
133 Posts
looks good man! get a drop ASAP and you will be set!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
nice wheels. they look great

·
Registered
377 Posts
would you mind taking a pic top down on the front wheel. Interested in the tire fitment

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
would you mind taking a pic top down on the front wheel. Interested in the tire fitment
Demonik, if you look at the 5th picture in the first pics I attached, that is a top to bottom shot. The fitment is perfect especially with the V12s 35% profile. Unlike most other manufactorers, Hankook's side profiles come in smaller i.e. Their performance tires are under the actual percentage of the width of the tire in which the profile is determined. There is plenty of clearance for a good drop with my setup

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Excellent choice in tires my friend. Pretty solid offsets as well. Get a drop like you mentioned, and you're set.

Just a FYI: our stock tires are RE050As, not RE11s. The RE11s are awesome tires.
Slider, this is my 3rd set of tires. I chose th RE11s on the second go around since the 50s blow ass in the tread wear. I got 15k on them; got 21000 with 1/4 tread left on the 11s; to expensive for the third go around and is why I chose the V12s. So far so good; love the way they ride

·
I keep it dirty and nerdy
1,525 Posts

·
FUNCTION OVER FORM
5,383 Posts
Steve, car looks greats & the wheels give it a sorta clean + aggressive look. Excellent tire choice BTW. Can't wait to see what she looks like dropped a little. The silver in the wheels pretty much matches your paint job & makes them look custom. Congrats.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts