Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so short story. Steering wheels shakes over 65 mph and when braking at higher speeds. Only with my mrr wheels. Stock 19s it's fine. I just had the mrr wheels balanced today and have correct hub rings. Wheel looks seated good. Using muteki lugs. Maybe lugs aren't tightening all the way? They are tight where I can't move them. Just don't understand why it's only with the mrr wheels. Maybe tires? Don't think they are bent. If they were I'm sure tire shop would of said something. Any suggestions would help. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
2012 3.8 Track ZF-6-SPD
2,925 Posts
There could be a number of factors here. The Rims, the Tires, or the Lugs. Since you already did balance get an alignment. After that try stock lugs or swap tires if possible, I know this may cost time and money but its whatever you want.

·
I drive a V6
4,978 Posts
Wheels will NOT require an alignment.

Go back to the shop and have them rebalanced.

I find it odd they only shake under braking though

·
What the what?
3,225 Posts
If you can, have them road force balanced. Cost more, but it usually helps for problematic wheels.

·
Wannabe Track Junky
883 Posts
Could be a bad (out of round) tire. I assume you have different tires on your MRR wheels than the stock wheels? Road force balancing could help... but I was told (by the guys at Discount Tire) that with good tires you really shouldn't need that.

One last thing to try, get a torque wrench and properly tighten your lugs. Oh and also, you have the correct lug seat for your wheels, right?

·
I'd rather do it myself
19,606 Posts
I've had tires that could not be balanced even with the road force. What size are the tires and wheels?

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
What kind of tires? Are they new? Sounds like they are chopped or they weren't balanced right. Other thing would be improper torquing by the shop. Take it somewhere else

·
Korean Asswhoopin
1,228 Posts
If you have real bad camber wear... That's your problem. It's easy to confuse tire vibration and noise with imbalance. A bad balancing is a harsher vibration.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok new front tires on. Car was pulling hard to the right. Guy said it took a lot of weight to Ballance it out. So I just got it aligned. It's all within specs but still has a pull to the right. Could the extra weight cause the pull to the right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts