Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting on a forums page. I recently picked up a 2010 3.8 genesis coupe gt off market place and planned on getting the engine rebuilt since it has a knock. Upon taking it apart I found that one of the connecting rods is broken. I can't seem to find any good deals on connecting rods. I'm not sure if any of the after market ones I see will fit in the engine without problems with so little information they offer and very few choices. Not planning on racing the car, just trying to get her up and running to daily it. Trying to see what my options are. Thank you.

·
Sleeper!
870 Posts
First time posting on a forums page. I recently picked up a 2010 3.8 genesis coupe gt off market place and planned on getting the engine rebuilt since it has a knock. Upon taking it apart I found that one of the connecting rods is broken. I can't seem to find any good deals on connecting rods. I'm not sure if any of the after market ones I see will fit in the engine without problems with so little information they offer and very few choices. Not planning on racing the car, just trying to get her up and running to daily it. Trying to see what my options are. Thank you.
If you are going to be inside the engine for a rebuild I would definitely recommend doing aftermarket components as much as possible so you can extend the life of the motor and if you ever decide you want to add some type of FI to it you will be all set to do so. We have all the components you need on hand and available if you are interested and feel free to message me or can reach out to us on any of the typical social media accounts under MT Motorsports.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts