Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you hide a amp wth these dim. in or around the console (11-13/16" x 2-1/2" x 10-7/16" )for those who have removed the radio equipment.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
http://mobile.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL027904&pathId=64&page=3[/URL]

maybe this thing?

·
AMB~1YR
3,073 Posts
can you hide a amp wth these dim. in or around the console (11-13/16" x 2-1/2" x 10-7/16" )for those who have removed the radio equipment.
I have had the console apart many times and the only amp that will fit in there is the alpine-ktp445 (6"x2"x1") or a little bigger. You are describing an amp that is almost a foot square. There just isn't enough room for an amp of that size.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
If you have the base model genesis that comes without the infinity sound system, you may be able to fit an amp where the infinity one normally goes.

·
Hammer lane Hero
5,712 Posts
too lazy to dig up the service manual, but it's normally behind the passenger door inside the plastic panel where the right-rear speaker is.

·
AMB~1YR
3,073 Posts
too lazy to dig up the service manual, but it's normally behind the passenger door inside the plastic panel where the right-rear speaker is.
I should have known. I had that panel off when changing out the rear speakers not to long ago and I do believe there would be enough room for the amp that s10 v8 describes.

·
3.8 400+whp... NBD
987 Posts
Ive got my rockfor T1000.1bd mounted where the stock amp goes and Ive had no issues with it whatsoever. I did have to take of the part that keeps it from bending in too much but its not a huge loss

1 - 10 of 10 Posts