Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple drain and fill antifreeze procedure for all gencoupes!

I was able to get about 1 gallon (3.78 L) out from the radiator plus an additional 0.5 L was added to the reservoir so overall 4.3 L was exchanged.

Don't forget to add distilled to the reservoir then remove it after. Also close the purge line when idling with heat/fan on!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Do you know which hose on the 3.8 bk1, on/near intake plenum, you gotta undo to purge air from the coolant system? Can really use a picture with it identified. Pretty sure mine has a air pocket since I flushed it since the heater doesnt get as hot as it used to.

·
I'd rather do it myself
18,557 Posts
Do you know which hose on the 3.8 bk1, on/near intake plenum, you gotta undo to purge air from the coolant system? Can really use a picture with it identified. Pretty sure mine has a air pocket since I flushed it since the heater doesnt get as hot as it used to.
As long as there are no leaks and your radiator cap is good the system will self bleed any air out. Takes a few cooling heat cycles and you should check the radiator when it's cold to top off.

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,097 Posts
This reminds me that I need to order new rad hoses and heater lines before I install my new radiator. LOL, SOOOO MANY PARTS!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts