Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I've been reading around this forum for some time when it comes to issues/upgrades/any other information as it relates to my GC. I finally created an account so that I could ask the community a question that I haven't found much existing information on (yes, I used the search feature prior to creating this post, as well as a nifty little website called, I think, Google?). In any case my search results have turned up countless existing threads and questions about high-end/premium/performance/upgraded (aka expensive) brakes. My question is about brake pad replacements that are a little more, shall we say, cost-effective or, if we're getting right down to it, cheap. As much as I would love to splurge and get some really great brake pads and even rotors, it is not in my financial wheel-house at the moment. As such, I am wondering if any of you have any good suggestions for brake pads for a base 2011 GC 2.0 that are on the less expensive side, but still reliable/recommended.

Thanks so much in advance for any and all suggestions!

·
In Charge of Snacks
2,107 Posts
Everything I've purchased from R1 Concepts has been great. I've had excellet experiences with their customer service, too. In my wheelhouse they're great and I consider them to be a low cost high value parts emporium. Under $80 for pads front AND rear and new stainless hardware. Hard to beat...

www dot r1concepts dot com/detail_catalog/index/Brake-Pads/Optimum_OEp/ref=HYUNDAI+GENESIS_COUPE+2011+Mando_Brakes_fbsSingle_Piston_Calipersfbe+Front_and_Rear

My version of cheap and yours might differ, though. Heck, I just splurged for Endless MX72 all around. I'm told they last forever and don't eat rotors, so maybe they're cost effective too.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I have 5 vehicles including my coupe, i use the high end pads from AutoZone and dont have any complaints. I dont track or race my cars and they give you another set for free when they wear out.

·
Irresponsible Rookie
72 Posts
Welcome.

Just go to Rockauto.com.
I like to use Powerstop / Stoptech (centric). They both have various styles of compounds that you can choose from depending on your desires. I would stick with street, or OEM-style. As stronger compounds will create more dust.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts