Hyundai Genesis Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been having this clunking with my HSD Coilovers, I have been firing the parts cannon at them for a number of months now and I had recently given up and put the stock suspension back on. The clunking would only be on wavy roads (which there's a lot in my area) that would cause the car to more or less bounce front to back and it only seemed to do it on the rebound in the front.

With the shocks off the car I have been playing around with them and notice that the only noise I can reproduce with them is to compress and decompress under spring preload (so hardly compress at all) this causes the shock to max out and stroke and knock a little when I let go. When I remove everything just down to the shock I can move it up and down with no strange feeling or sound (still does make a slight knock at full extension but that's normal).

I had removed my helper springs when I got them because I thought I didn't need them, however if my problem is that the shock is maxing out I think this would fix that right? Because it would allow the shock to compress that much more.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts