Hyundai Genesis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I wanted to post about the issue with my 2012 A/T Coupe.

I have bought it 2 months ago and just began to realize that the gears are not as smooth as they were. I checked the transmission fluid and the mechanic said it's fine. He suspects its a valve issue but I couldn't leave the car overnight for him to confirm at the time. I just wanted to check in here to see if anyone has any pointers on what may be the reason for this. Also, I've had the mechanic check the vehicle with the computer and no error reads came back. I'm at a total loss as I fell in complete love with Genny and just got her a K&N Air Intake ordered in 2 weeks ago, was going to be the beginning of a great love story but I don't know how I feel now that I have been having these tranny issues.

Any positive input would be appreciated, thanks guys!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well, I very recently purchased a 2011 Coupe 3.8 automatic. I'm having a frustrating experience trying to find information about the automatic transmission and what's normal in regard to it's shifting. In sport mode. When going from 1st to 2nd it is very very slow to actually shift once I've done my part. And then it's slipping unless I baby it. I'm darn near 60 and had my share of genuine muscle cars. Consequently I'm not sure how these new beasts are supposed to perform. I don't have any shudder as the previous post describes.
Any input would be appreciated, even if it's negative. LOL

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
My 2014 3.8 A.T. Ultimate had what i can only describe as "lazy or slow" shifting between 2nd and 3rd since new. I eliminated the issue with a Sprint V3 throttle booster. Mine had no actual problem with the A.T., it was just the nature of the beast. If yours is actually slipping then its probably another problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
These transmissions are rated to slip past 350 ft/lbs from my knowledge. I know that Level 10 makes an aftermarket torque convertor, valve body, and complete custom transmissions. This is the route I think I'll be going since in my mind I can't afford to switch to a manual where I live.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2014 3.8 A.T. Ultimate had what i can only describe as "lazy or slow" shifting between 2nd and 3rd since new. I eliminated the issue with a Sprint V3 throttle booster. Mine had no actual problem with the A.T., it was just the nature of the beast. If yours is actually slipping then its probably another problem.
Man, thank you so much. Been reluctant to post the question as I know there must be others that already covered the symptom. I’ll post any findings so others may learn from it. I sure do like my buggy. Technology has really advanced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's a follow up, Transmission shop reports no fail codes on the engine side, booyah!!!!
However, TCM has fail code PO616, CAN communication Bus Error, which could not be reset.

P0616 Starter Relay Circuit Low OBD-II Trouble Code Technical Description

Read more at: P0616 Starter Relay Circuit Low
Copyright OBD-Codes.com
Starter Relay Circuit Low

Several codes can be set when the PCM detects improper signals within the starter relay circuit based on the specific malfunction. This most common codes associated with this circuit are P0615, P0616 and P0617. The purpose of the Starter Relay Circuit is to provide a power source to the starter to crank the engine and start the vehicle. Based on the specific vehicle and the drivetrain configuration several components are involved in this process. This circuit starts at the battery and includes the ignition switch, fuses, starter solenoid, starter relay and various safety devices such as clutch position sensors and neutral safety switches.

Code P0616 is set by the PCM when it detects a low voltage condition within the starter relay circuit.
nm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts